Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Need some Remington 1187 info (value, accessories, etc)

A guy at work came up to me today and asked if I was interested in purchasing a Remington 1187. Due to the financial times and his nagging wife he is in the process of selling off the couple of firearms he owns.

The gun is about 10 years old, looks to be in great condition, and shoots fine. I have shot it once before, but not being a shotgun guy I didn't run a whole bunch of rounds through it. Currently it has (I think) a 28 inch barrel on it.

He is asking $350. I realize that is a bit on the low end and might indicate problems, but I know the guy and am confident he is just trying to get rid of it quickly.

I have been looking for a semi-auto shotgun that can, with stock/barrel changes, go from home defense to hunting to skeet/trap shooting. I had been considering picking up a Saiga 12ga (partly because of the cool factor to be honest), but if I can find a pistol grip stock, and shorter barrel for the 1187 for less than a Saiga I'd be an idiot not to.

I'd appreciate any comments and feedback.

*Regarding hunting: I'm in WV, we have no restrictions on types of actions or magazine capacities
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Default Re: Need some Remington 1187 info (value, accessories, etc)

Get it. If I was closer, I'd get. That's a very good price for and 1187. You may not be able to trick it out as much as you want. But it's a good shotgun.