Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Contact Info for Mechanicsburg Ordnance

Hi, I'm new to Mechanicsburg and am looking to pick up a Glock 26. I did some research on the local dealers and found Mechanicsburg Ordnance. I tried a number I found on the web, 717-732-3555, but got no answer. I even went to the address listed for them and it seemed to be a residence. I was wondering if anyone had any accurate contact info for them. Is it run from a home or do they have a store front? Basically I'm trying to find some info on the shop, as them as they seem to be the closest dealer to me. Thanks for any info you can provide.

(York County)

Default Re: Contact Info for Mechanicsburg Ordnance

The number I've grabbed off the net has worked for me as late as about a month ago. His entrance is located on the side, the same side of the building where the auto reconditioning shop is out back. It's a small room he operates out of. I got my wife's G30SF from him not too long ago and I try to give him all my transfers.

(Cumberland County)

I dont know about Mechanicsburg.
    But here in Carlisle ( About 10-15 mins from you) there is coles Bike Shop ( Has a gunshop downstairs ) , I have seen glocks in there from time to time. Ed. Benders in Mt. Holly Springs ( About 10-15 mins from you also) Has some handguns, if he dont have what you want he will order it in for you. Mapquest them if you would like to check them out.

( Just dont try to find 9mm or .45 acp ammo around here )

(Cumberland County)

+1 on Ed Bender, That's where I go
    Upper Adams Fish and Game www.uafg.org

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by pittrj View Post
    Hi, I'm new to Mechanicsburg and am looking to pick up a Glock 26. I did some research on the local dealers and found Mechanicsburg Ordnance. I tried a number I found on the web, 717-732-3555, but got no answer. I even went to the address listed for them and it seemed to be a residence. I was wondering if anyone had any accurate contact info for them. Is it run from a home or do they have a store front? Basically I'm trying to find some info on the shop, as them as they seem to be the closest dealer to me. Thanks for any info you can provide.
    Mechanicsburg Ordnance FAX'ed his FFL to my on-line dealer the same day I requested. I bought an AR-15 rifle kit and the stripped lower reveiver must be shipped to a FFL holder. Roger was very responsive in my first dealing with him.

(Cumberland County)

I bought my Glock from him, he's a nice guy but it is a small operation and his prices are a little high....If you seriously want to save some money, take a drive to Hit Or Miss in Halifax, I saw the 40 cal Glock for order in a mag there for 399. But as for Mechanicsburg ordnance, the store front is something else, you have to go around the side where there are several entrances to various businesses, it will have a white paper in the window of the door saying it's mechanicsburg ordnance. He probably wasn't in when you called, those little gun shops have bankers hours more often than not, and aren't always open every weekday.

(Cumberland County)

Thanks for all the responses. I have yet to find a new glock 26 at any of the gun shops within 30 miles of Mechanicsburg. I'd love to give Hit or Miss a try, if anyone has their contact info. Thanks again.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by pittrj View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. I have yet to find a new glock 26 at any of the gun shops within 30 miles of Mechanicsburg. I'd love to give Hit or Miss a try, if anyone has their contact info. Thanks again.
    Glenns Gun Shop in Annville has a Glock 27 in stock. Its the same thing but in a .40. They also have a Glock 19 which is the compact 9mm. I was just there last night

(Cumberland County)

You might try Shiremanstown Sports Shop at the corner of Strawberry and High Streets in Shiremanstown - it's been there for 35 years or so. Owner Hiram Allison likely will not have a Glock in stock but can get anything you want and his prices are fair. Since being involved in a bad traffic accident two years ago, he is only open from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. weekdays and 11:00 until 1:00 or so on Saturdays.

It is a small place but is crammed with inventory. The telephone number is 761-4679.

Ed
    Last edited by AveragEd; June 3rd, 2009 at 09:13 AM.

(Cumberland County)

+1 for Mechanicsburg Ordnance. He did a gunbroker transfer for me. Faxed info same day I gave it to him. I have his card at home, I'll look up tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast