Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: car (rant)

(Lancaster County)

Default car (rant)

So I have a 2006 cobalt, I bought it new, like paid for it fully, got the extended warranty as well.

Few months after I got my car, head light blew out. They fixed it, then awhile later, tail light blew out, then after that the other headlight did...I got them to check the electric system because of it, they said it was fine.

A few months later, my car gets recalled, I got no letter, or phone call from my dealer, I called them, they said they'd fix it. Recently I found out there is a known issue with the door (Wouldn't shut), they fixed that. Then again two months ago, it didn't shut again and I got told "Oh well you're on your paid bumper to bumper warranty "We fixed it the last time, you'll have to pay for it this time, even though its a known issue, we'll just lube it." I complained, the service manager said I would pay because i have an extended bumper to bumper warranty.

Last week I found out there is another notice for my car with some other "known issue".

Then over the summer, I'd go to start my car, it wouldn't turn over right away, i'd have to stop and try again, then it would do something odd...I took it to them, the first service guy had it happen to him, and he said "yeah something is off" then the other guy came out about an hour later and says "It's working as it should" wtf?

Then two days ago, i'd get in my car to go and my radio would say "Check disk", right well ok it could be a disk issue, so i put it back in and it worked fine. Used a few other Cd's. Today leaving for work, I went to eject the CD, and it didn't. The bitch will NOT eject my cd, it comes out just a little bit, gets stuck and goes back in.

UGH, if its not one thing its another and it's pissing me off!

Sorry but I had to rant. I made an appointment at my dealer tomorrow for 10 so it should be interesting, they always dick me around there and I always go there.

(York County)

Default Re: car (rant)

My wife has an 05 cobalt. I feel your pain on the cd player issue. hers does that every once in a while. I researched it a while back and I think I came up with a technical service bulletin (different than a recall, just meant to help techs) and it says that the radio needs an programming update. Not 100% on it but yeah.

I wish I could help you with the starting issue but that particular kind issue is VERY hard if not impossible to diagnose unless it acts up a lot or won't start at all.

The speaker in the drivers door recently stopped working so now i'm gonna have to tear the door apart to see whats up with that now. It's always something.

(Chester County)

Sounds like its time for a trade in
    If you're not outraged & disgusted, you are simply not paying atttention

(Jefferson County)

Damn... that sucks..

I guess I cant complain at my $2000 used '95 GMC that I've put 115000+ miles on it in less than 3 years(on top of the 78K on it prior), changed the oil 3 or 4 times, and only have $1000 in repairs, and $600 in tires invested into it.. ..yet runs as anemic as the day it was new. lol

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by autotech6506 View Post
    My wife has an 05 cobalt. I feel your pain on the cd player issue. hers does that every once in a while. I researched it a while back and I think I came up with a technical service bulletin (different than a recall, just meant to help techs) and it says that the radio needs an programming update. Not 100% on it but yeah.

I wish I could help you with the starting issue but that particular kind issue is VERY hard if not impossible to diagnose unless it acts up a lot or won't start at all.

The speaker in the drivers door recently stopped working so now i'm gonna have to tear the door apart to see whats up with that now. It's always something.
    I'll have to mention that in alittle about the "service bulletion", do you know where I can find it?

Quote Originally Posted by CDyer77 View Post
    Sounds like its time for a trade in
    Next year, this year I am saving up so I can put as much as possible down so I wont get stuck with a large amount to pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Damn... that sucks..

I guess I cant complain at my $2000 used '95 GMC that I've put 115000+ miles on it in less than 3 years(on top of the 78K on it prior), changed the oil 3 or 4 times, and only have $1000 in repairs, and $600 in tires invested into it.. ..yet runs as anemic as the day it was new. lol
    115000 miles in less then three years? daaaamn. Atleast it runs like the day it was new though, thats what counts!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post

115000 miles in less then three years? daaaamn. Atleast it runs like the day it was new though, thats what counts!

Yep, 193,000 miles on it right now.. Last time the spark plugs were changed it was before I owned it at 78K. I bet you it will start on the first turn over today.

Only get 7-13mpg though. lol

Back on subject though, I'm really surprised at the troubles you and other folks have with "new" cars. And with what you all pay for them, they should really mirror my "beater" in reliability.

(Mercer County)

Another fine auto from Lordstown, OH. Sounds par for the course.

Sorry about your luck. Perhaps your next purchase can come from another Ohio plant: the Honda Civic.

(Allegheny County)

yeah my wife has an 05 Cobalt and I had the issue where it wouldn't start and it was some sensor or something that was bad, had it towed to the dealer for free on the warranty and then fixed it like 20 mins. No other major issues with it other than it drives like shit in any kind of rain or snow. Tires look fine but it still slips and slides like crazy when 1 flake falls.

(Allegheny County)

I had a 2005 SS up until we traded it in 2007. I had 2 warranty trips for not starting. My sunroof died 3 times, wiper motors twice and drivers door window motor and mirror motor twice. I had the auto-dimming rearview mirror option and it stopped working all together as well. That happened the week we decided to trade it in and never fixed it. My Cobalt didn't go for crap in the snow at all, I'd hoped for better from a FWD vehicle. It's one car that was nice but with all the problems we had, I really don't miss it!

(Allegheny County)

And GM wonders why they are in the crapper and their market share keeps dumping. It may be an inexpensive car but it should still be able to properly close the door and eject a CD for a few years.
    It is stupid garbage like this that can kill a car companies reputation.

A $5 part could have stopped Pinto's and Crown Vics from blowing when rear ended. It wasn't until they were sued that they decided it was time to fix the problem.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast