Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: glocks anyone

(Lehigh County)

Default glocks anyone

ok so does anyone in the area have a compact or sub compact glock that you would be willing to let my fiancee shoot?? she is torn between a glock or a smith and wesson and i was wondering if anyone has one that you would be willing to let her shoot...

(Centre County)

Default Re: glocks anyone

Just 1 word on the Glock Sub-Compact - I had a 27 for years but it was a bit big and "chunky" for my hands.

A good way to go if no one on the board has 1 to shoot is to at least find a gun shop w/ one that you can at least hold and the same shop (hopefully) that has the S&W that you are looking at.

Have you had a chance to hold/shoot the S&W? Which one are you looking at?

(Lehigh County)

well its really not for me... my fiancee was looking to get a gun also and she likes the sigma but she likes glocks too.... i honestly dont like um.... they feel wierd in my hand.... but its her gun and im letting her choose... i was just wondering if anyone has one that she could shoot.... im looking into 9mm but whatever you have is fine... just want her to get the feel of the gun before she decides to buy one or the other....

i dont think she will like the sub-compact because she doesnt like the shorter grips but again ill let her be the judge of that....

(Centre County)

Naw - I understood - I figured she would be reading the posts as well when I said "you".

I can currently only help w/ a 1911 style and an S&W 442 in 38 special.

Got rid of the glock years ago even though I loved it..as I said - just a bit big for my grip. I am however looking to going back to a Glock type "pull the trigger and it goes bang" style semi again. It is a system that i prefer.

(Lehigh County)

ahhh completely understood... yeah im actually looking at a 1911 for my next gun.... yeah well... hopefully ill be able to find someone who can help me out..

(Centre County)

Well I can offer the kimber 1911 or the previously mentioned S&W at sample shooters - Maybe find a current Glocker and we can all meet. Good Luck

(Centre County)

what S&W you thinking about? If your thinking about M&P9C, I can let you try out mine...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Centre County)

I've got a compact & full size in 9mm, a sub compact & compact in 40S&W if your still lookin'
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Centre County)

Not sure if this helps or not, but my wife tried out several Glocks, in 9mm, 40, .45, and also tried out the Springfield XD in 9mm and .45, in service, sub compact, and tactical sizes.

She purchased the XD9 sub compact, better fit, better feel, better accuracy for her as compared to the Glocks she tried in the range. For her, it was very important to be able to put her hand around the grip firmly and comfortably. She did not want to fumble the gun around during a stressful situation. We did several shoots with both brands, and she had better results with the XD. Now she never leaves home without it. It's in OD Green, so for her it is also like an accessory! Weird.

We don't have a Glock you could try, sorry, but we do have XDs in sub compact 9mm and tactical .45 if you'd want to give those a try. Weather and control burn permitting for scotia, unless you shoot elsewhere.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by zxcalibur View Post
    Not sure if this helps or not, but my wife tried out several Glocks, in 9mm, 40, .45, and also tried out the Springfield XD in 9mm and .45, in service, sub compact, and tactical sizes.

She purchased the XD9 sub compact, better fit, better feel, better accuracy for her as compared to the Glocks she tried in the range. For her, it was very important to be able to put her hand around the grip firmly and comfortably. She did not want to fumble the gun around during a stressful situation. We did several shoots with both brands, and she had better results with the XD. Now she never leaves home without it. It's in OD Green, so for her it is also like an accessory! Weird.

We don't have a Glock you could try, sorry, but we do have XDs in sub compact 9mm and tactical .45 if you'd want to give those a try. Weather and control burn permitting for scotia, unless you shoot elsewhere.
    exactly like my hands..... i prefer the xd line.... fits my hands better than the glocks.... id like to have a 45 but i dont have the money for it... ill talk to he and see if shes up to it.... maybe we can all hang out for a day or something...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast