Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default FW: Obama will NOT reinstitute assault weapons ban

MEXICO CITY - Acknowledging a Mexican drug war that is "sowing chaos in our communities," President Barack Obama signaled Thursday he will not seek the reinstatement of a U.S. assault weapons ban but instead step up enforcement of existing laws against taking such weapons across the border.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30232095/

(Adams County)

Default Re: FW: Obama will NOT reinstitute assault weapons ban

That's the right move, kudos. Hopefully Pelosi and her flying monkeys will keep quiet.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Monroe County)

So was he lieing before or now?

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Monroe County)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Obama can not afford to enact an AWB. Not from the "loss of votes or power" aspect but from the TAX aspect.

The amount of money that firearm and ammo sales brings into most states is astronomical. He would be retarded to do it. What he will do is add more taxes to it then are already there (ouch) and thats how he will get us for even more money.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Chester County)

They won't ban the weapons, but will try to register and then tax them (and the ammo).

(Lancaster County)

i guess this is good news for now.......
    V-DUB Shop!DUBNINJA 82

So was he lieing before or now?

He was against the ban before he was for it and he's against it again...gotta like a man who sticks by his...guns!

We'll see how he really thinks when an AWB bill comes across his desk and I think I already have the answer although I hope it doesn't come to that>

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah, because I believed him when he said all that other stuff that he eventually lied about...

I have said it before and I will say it again, he AND congress knows they try this and all their asses are going to be out of a job REAL SOON.

Personally I was happy to hear him say it ... if we remember he said during the campaign he would not take guns away. Personally I take a person at his word until they prove differently. Yes there was yadda yadda on his site from day one about reinstating the ban but I have this feeling he is 'seeing the writing on the wall' and knows damn well that's one battle he can't afford.

And as far as this 'tax on ammo' crap, BULLSHIT, that's nothing more than propaganda from the fear mongers... so stop listening to it.

But then again the way the industry and gun owners are going right now they won't have to do a damn thing, we will destroy ourselves.
    Last edited by dc dalton; April 16th, 2009 at 11:46 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    I have said it before and I will say it again, he AND congress knows they try is and all their asses are going to be out of a job REAL SOON.

Personally I was happy to hear him say it ... if we remember he said during the campaign he would not take guns away. Personally I take a person at his word until they prove differently. Yes there was yadda yadda on his site from day one about reinstating the ban but I have this feeling he is 'seeing the writing on the wall' and knows damn well that's one battle he can't afford.

And as far as this 'tax on ammo' crap, BULLSHIT, that's nothing more than propaganda from the fear mongers... so stop listening to it.

But then again the way the industry and gun owners are going right now they won't have to do a damn thing, we will destroy ourselves.
    I bet ya a beer (it better be a good beer, none of that pansy assed Coors Lite!) that an increase on ammo tax happens by the time the 2010 budget passes.

We have already witnessed a massive increase in taxes on "sins" to support the SCHIP program. before long we are going to need to pay for additional prisons, inner city violence enforcement and other "social" programs that are aimed at gangs and rebuilding the projects. The money is going to have to come from somewhere and I'm thinking ammunition is going to be squarely in the cross hairs.

** I don't think the increase in taxes will come anywhere near touching the increase we have caused by ourselves, but it will happen
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast