Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default SIG trigger guards

I am hoping to confirm this theory. I have seen both SIG 228's and 229's with both a rounded and square trigger guard. I am guessing that if the pistol comes with a rail its a square trigger guard? I am asking in order to try and get the right holster this time around. I have sent too many back bc I either did not know what I was ordering or the manufacturer did not know. The holster is for a SIG 225 which I now carry in a NSAII IWB meant for a HK USP Compact 9mm, but it did take a while to break in the leather. Also bc I saw a nice 228 that I may just have to get. Thanks in advance for your input.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: SIG trigger guards

Funny thing, I have both a P229 and P229R and ordered a Galco combat master for them. Both weapons fit the holsters just fine. My regular P229 is old and has the rounded style trigger guard, the P229R has a squared off one. Can't notice any difference in the draw or tension. Forward to my P220's and I picked up a Galco Concealable for them, the old P220 fits just perfect, but it took awhile to get the P220R to even get all the way into the rig. I guess it depends on the maker and model of holster, seems some have figured the newer Sig design into their equations and some haven't.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: SIG trigger guards

I carry my P229 and P220 in Galco Concealable holsters (CON248 for the P220 and CON250 for the P229). My P228 fits perfectly in the CON250 as well.

Sigs with rails will only fit in Galco holsters that are made for the railed version. The non railed Sigs will also fit those holsters.

Railed Sigs will not fit in the Galco holsters designed for non railed guns.

A P225 takes a different holster than the P228 / P229s. The slide is a different size and shape and will not fit properly.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad