Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default New member, new to area.

Hi Folks,

My names Mark and I'm moving to the Caledonia/Adams County area in 2 weeks. Moving from Hagerstown, MD which is lackluster, I'll now be in the mountains that I'll love.

I'm not new to firearms or shooting. In fact I'm a member of the MdShooters board, and I've done my part in the seemingly loosing battle, trying to get our delegates, representatives and/or politicians to understand our rights as not only firearm owners, but other basic human rights also. I get the impression they either just refuse to listen or they're to dumb to understand the facts and logic.

No, I'm not running from the problems here. Rather, I'm moving to your beautiful, friendly state because of a whole host of other reasons that are positive for myself and my continued happiness.

Anyway, I'll keep this short. I'll be checking in for a few days and then I'll be without internet for a short time. But I'll be back. Back to join in on the discussions, make new friends and find out what I can do to help us all live together in a state where the people are the government and their 2A rights are protected.

(York County)

Default Re: New member, new to area.

Welcome to the state from another Maryland political refugee.

When I first moved into PA it was not too far from where you're moving to, Blue Ridge Summit.

Maryland's political system is dominated by the Baltimore-Washington corridor, and the counties outside that area cannot get anything different through the system. Its just not a politically competitive state.

PA would be in the same boat if not for anything else besides simple geographical boundaries. MD's geography just doesn't allow anything besides the B-W corridor's political agenda to thrive.

Look into joining the Adams County Sport Hangunners Association in the future. Good club, great people.
    West Shore Sportsmen's Association WSSA Home page

(Franklin County)

Thanks for the reply BullfrogKen,

Yes, Maryland does appear to be a lost cause, but it's still worth the fight. Not that you've implied such, but we can't just roll over and let ignorance try to take it all away. I'll continue the fight for not my own reasons but to try and help those that are left behind. I completely understand what you mean about the Baltimore, Washington and Montgomery County political domination over the rest of the State. It's sad because the majority of those not realizing their rights are being eroded and picked apart are far to busy with things that mean for the most part "nothing." I won't get into that now though.

I love my new apartment in the mountains. It's going to be a breathe of fresh air once I'm moved in and settled. Then my aim turns to compiling a list of representatives in my area. I'm interested to learn where they stand on issues of great importance. If I can persuade or educate those that appear to be lost or wandering, that'll be my pleasure. It's actually very easy to get the peoples voice heard in the political *cough* system. A little determination goes a long way.

I'll have to look into The Adams County Sport Handgunners Association. The property I'm renting on has a makeshift shooting range, but I haven't seen it yet. I would like to join a couple of different civic organizations / associations after I'm settled in though.

Again, "Thanks for stopping in my lil corner of PAFOA."

(York County)

The Pennsylvania Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs is arguably the dominate leader in gun, hunting and conservation rights for us in PA.

Dues cost $20 per year, includes a newsletter. But more than that it really gives you a powerful voice in Harrisburg.

Use this link to locate your representative:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/find.cfm
    West Shore Sportsmen's Association WSSA Home page

(Cumberland County)

Upper Adams Fish and Game is also a good club in the area, check it out www.uafg.org
    Upper Adams Fish and Game www.uafg.org

(Franklin County)

If your going to be in the Caledonia region I'm about 5 minutes away, if that. Check out the Michaux range, it's an acceptable place to go practice for free. Or if you would ever want to go sometime I'd be gald to show you around the area.

Welcome to Pa.