Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Sen. Larry Farnese new laws

Today in the merto Sen. Farnese announced two new bills proposing stronger gun control ownership restrictions.
    After reading them I thought if you had any type of felony you would be denied by PICS and from any type of purchase at a dealer?
    Maybe I read this wrong but please read and give your thoughts.
    http://www.metro.us/us/article/2009/...6-85/index.xml

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Sen. Larry Farnese new laws

If it's worth citing, it's worth posting:

Farnese lays out new gun measures PHILADELPHIA.

Freshman state Sen. Larry Farnese yesterday announced two new bills proposing stronger gun ownership restrictions.
    Farnese is proposing to halt the purchase, sale, possession or transfer of firearms for anyone charged in a felony crime. He also proposes taking away gun rights from anyone who was convicted of felony drug offenses as a juvenile. Currently, only people convicted of a felony as an adult are affected.
    “You must start to put partisan politics aside,” Farnese said of fellow Harrisburg legislators. “This is the perfect time.”
    The first of these bills is SB 415 under discussion earlier in this portion of the forum. Just go back a month or so and you'll find it. As to disability for conviction of felony juvenile offenses, I don't recall seeing anything about that in a Senate proposed bill, yet.

Nothing like sticking to due process and the written word of the Pennsylvania Constitution is there? If Farnese is your Senator maybe it would be worthwhile to remind him that he actually did take an oath of office that required him to uphold the Pa Constitution specifically:
    “I do solemnly swear that I will support, obey and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth and that I will discharge the duties of my office with fidelity.”
    You might also suggest to him that it might be good for him to actually read the Pa Constitution specifically Article I Section 25.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".