Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Harrisburg Road Rage Shooting

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...ooting_du.html

Police are investigating a shooting in a possible road-rage incident around 6:30 Sunday night at Route 322 and Witmer Drive in Swatara Township.

Two people are in custody and a man was taken to a hospital, police said.

Two vehicles were involved in the incident and multiple gun shots were fired, according to Swatara Township Police chief David Bogdanovic.

Route 322 will be closed until about 9 p.m., Bogdanovic said.

Police from Swatara Township, Hummelstown, Derry and Lower Swatara townships responded to the scene.

I drove right by this incident around 8:30 PM and the scene appeared to be very active. I was passing through coming from visiting family for Easter when I thought it was odd that Route 322 was backed up on a Sunday evening. Then I came up on the traffic light very close to where the incident happened and saw police blocking one direction of 322. I thought it was just an accident. Well it was, just didn't realize it was a little more!

This concerns me even more and makes me confident in my decision to CCW as much as possibly allowed. Drivers in the Harrisburg area are terrible. No consideration. What I would like to know about this incident is if the person doing the shooting owned the gun legally and had a LTCF. But when the article says 2 people are in custody, does that tell us that both parties had guns and were firing at each other? Hopefully details will be released.

Comments? Insights? This type of incident is pretty rare for the area that it happened in. I grew up in Dauphin County and I haven't seen anything quite that crazy.

Default Re: Harrisburg Road Rage Shooting

WTF is all I was thinking when I saw the news story...even if this isn't a random act of violence, this is bad all around.

I hope:

- The guns were illegal/no LTCF and the bad guys do a lot of time in jail
    - No one was seriously hurt...

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by PPM209 View Post
    WTF is all I was thinking when I saw the news story...even if this isn't a random act of violence, this is bad all around.

I hope:

- The guns were illegal/no LTCF and the bad guys do a lot of time in jail
    - No one was seriously hurt...
    im more on the lines fo one guhy was illegally carrying and the other is a legally carrying citizen defending himself.... probably neither.. but we can always hope..

PA is shall-issue at 21. If you've never done anything stupid, or don't have a history of involuntary commitment to mental health facilities, you get a license.

Having one doesn't mean that you're a good guy. It's the keeping one for a long period that tends to qualify you more and more as one, the longer you have it and the more stressors that you successfully deal with that might make a weaker person flip out and lose it.

I got my first one back in the mid-80s, before shall-issue, and I'd like to think that my track record of keeping one for this long says something. But, the truth is, we're all just one bad incident away from being stripped of "good guy" status, and we should always keep that in the back of our minds.

Hopefully, this incident won't reflect poorly on us, but anything firearms-related ultimately does.

(Dauphin County)

I live right down the road from where this happened. Crazy shit happens in THE BURG

Quote Originally Posted by crakkajakka15 View Post
    I live right down the road from where this happened. Crazy shit happens in THE BURG
    Yeah, it does, but not like in the old days. Back in the 80s, Harrisburg la nuit jumped, from Sixth and Muench to the Hill, down to Shipoke and Steelton.

Damn, I need me a cheeseburger sub.