Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Lightbulb 60 Minutes For 04/12/09: Gun Sales In The U.S.

.......Airs tonight, CBS @ 1900 hrs., a Segment concerning the resent surge in Firearm/Ammunition Sales in America.
    I'll be watching!

(Erie County)

Default 60 Minutes tonight @ 7pm EST. Segment on the increase in gun and ammo sales

I doubt it will be shown in any sort of positive manner but I still think I'll watch it.
    "When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can become deadly projectiles." - Unknown.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: 60 Minutes tonight @ 7pm EST. Segment on the increase in gun and ammo sales

Thanks...I setup the DVR to record it so I can skip ahead to the interesting parts.

(Bedford County)

Default Re: 60 Minutes tonight @ 7pm EST. Segment on the increase in gun and ammo sales

Your absolutely right but I'll probably watch also!
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

(Venango County)

I can't watch as I am at work. Does anyone know if they link the most recent show a few hours after it airs? If not, anyone know of any links/places that may re-air a copy?

Thanks.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    I can't watch as I am at work. Does anyone know if they link the most recent show a few hours after it airs? If not, anyone know of any links/places that may re-air a copy?

Thanks.
    The main CBS.com site subsection for 60 minutes seems to show several recent episodes including the last one. I'm not sure how quickly it would be updated though.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/60_minutes/
    "When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can become deadly projectiles." - Unknown.

(Erie County)

Well it finally is starting now at 7:40pm. Wasn't expecting the Masters to run over so long.

(Philadelphia County)

Anybody watching the segment on the robotic arm designs for amputees? Unreal. The future is now.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

Here we go! It started off fairly but it's going down hill quickly. They are on the gun show loophole but fail to mention that so few guns purchased this way are used in crime.

They're busy on 'assault weapons' and how the police are out gunned. What bull! The police are the ones that can get true assault weapons. Senator Dianne Feinstein comes on and says that the ban isn't on the table right now, but will be in the future.

At least then end with the fact that the gallop polls show that Americans want less government restrictions. Lowest in the history of the poll.
    Divided we ever have been, and ever must be.Two thirds always had and will have more difficulty to struggle with the one third than with all our foreign enemies. - John Adams

Well, it wasn't too bad a segment. The propaganda value was diminished slightly, but it still leaned heavily left. They also spoke to the kid from Friday's 20/20 segment whose sister was killed at VT. The biggest new error was the assumption that there are only two kinds of people: People who are trying to get reasonable restrictions and "the gun lobby".

And, of course, one of the Witches of Eastwick was given about 60-120 seconds to talk about gun control. She mentioned that the NRA had a "stranglehold" on Congress. I idly wonder how cozy she is with the AARP and/or NAACP.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast