Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carpal Tunnel

(Westmoreland County)

Default Carpal Tunnel

Anyone have or had Carpal Tunnel

I think I have it or I'm getting it

started a different position at work a month ago due to them laying some people off

My hands mostly have been hurting and feel like they are swelled most of the time. Cant make a fist at all for a couple hours when I wake up after sleep or they start to stiffen up if I don't keep moving them

Going to have to get them checked out

Default Re: Carpal Tunnel

Yes I had it REAL bad back when we had our auto shop. I slept with full wrist to elbow braces on every night and still woke up at least once a night in horrible pain.

I went to the doctor to see about the surgery and he (being the amazing doctor he was) told me to start taking vitamin B (b-12 complex) 3 times a day to start (for about 2 weeks) and then once a day for the rest of my life. Believe it or not within a week I threw out the braces and have never had a problem since.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Yes I had it REAL bad back when we had our auto shop. I slept with full wrist to elbow braces on every night and still woke up at least once a night in horrible pain.

I went to the doctor to see about the surgery and he (being the amazing doctor he was) told me to start taking vitamin B (b-12 complex) 3 times a day to start (for about 2 weeks) and then once a day for the rest of my life. Believe it or not within a week I threw out the braces and have never had a problem since.

I take b-12 complex once a day already before this started

due you recall what the dosage was you were taking at 3 times a day

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RUDY850 View Post

I'd have to think about that ... it's been years since that happened and even thought I still take it every day I don't remember the exact dosage. I do know I was peeing BRIGHT BRIGHT yellow.

dc, are you sure it's not from all that badass guitar playin?

Anyone have or had Carpal Tunnel

I think I have it or I'm getting it

started a different position at work a month ago due to them laying some people off

My hands mostly have been hurting and feel like they are swelled most of the time. Cant make a fist at all for a couple hours when I wake up after sleep or they start to stiffen up if I don't keep moving them

Going to have to get them checked out
    Really doesn't sound like carpal tunnel.

However you'll probably have the "nerve test" to determine exactly what it is. The test is by no means comfortable, in fact it sucks!

I had carpal tunnel in both hands. Had surgery on both hands for carpal and the right also the release of trigger finger. (no, its not at all gun related)

(Greene County)

B vitamins are water soluble, not fat soluble. Dosage shouldn't matter since you can't OD on the B vitamins, you body just excretes the unused portion, hence the bright yellow urine.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    dc, are you sure it's not from all that badass guitar playin?
    You know through all the years of guitar playing, all the bullshit 'repetitive task' jobs I have had I NEVER had a problem but three years of serious auto repair beat the SHIT out of my wrists .... like I said before I wore full braces every night to bed and woke up at least once a night in living agony.

Funny too, as many here know I was stage and road manager for about 7 years (almost ALL heavy metal) ... I literally fell asleep with my head lying against a Marshall stack on 10 (now THATS tired) and never had a problem but about 6 years ago I got really sick with the flu (we are talking 103 fever for 3 days) ... I slept for almost all of those three but in the middle my ears started ringing REALLY bad, I figured it would go away once I got better but it never did. When I talked to the doctors about it and told them my history they said the high pitch of the air guns and ratchets over those years did most of the damage to my ears, NOT the years of heavy metal insanity..... who would have thunk it. Now when I walk into a garage I see mechanics wearing ear protection. How come they always figure this shit out AFTER I have hurt myself?

(Bucks County)

Dosent sound like Carp tunnel to me either.

I used to work a rough job right out of school and I would also wake up with "The Claw". My hands would be balled up into fists when I woke up and it took effort to open them. Then if I stopped using them they would curl back up or grab what I was holding.

When I tried to open my hands is was like they were all notchy, kind of like a machine without proper lube starting up.

Sound familiar?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast