Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Do the Secret Bush Memos Amount to Treason? Top Constitutional Scholar Says Yes

(More crazy crap)

In early March, more shocking details emerged about George W. Bush legal counsel John Yoo's memos outlining the destruction of the republic.

The memos lay the legal groundwork for the president to send the military to wage war against U.S. citizens; take them from their homes to Navy brigs without trial and keep them forever; close down the First Amendment; and invade whatever country he chooses without regard to any treaty or objection by Congress.

Page two:
    March 25, 2009.
    http://www.alternet.org/rights/13327...olar_says_yes/

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Do the Secret Bush Memos Amount to Treason? Top Constitutional Scholar Says Yes

Somebody has her tin foil wrong side out...
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Do the Secret Bush Memos Amount to Treason? Top Constitutional Scholar Says Yes

This is a subject that bears some serious discussion. As much as we (and I) dread what is coming from the current administration, it's important to remember that much of the power that is currently held by the executive branch was acquired by George W. Bush.

Now, all that executive power lies in the hands of the new administration.

This is why disregard for the Constitution is such a serious issue. During the Bush years, there was a lot of damage done to our Constitutional rights, and while many of us didn't particularly fear Bush, we must understand that all the power he had is now in the hands of Barack Obama, who may use it as he sees fit.

Why? Because the Bush administration was given a rubber stamp on any legislation or executive order with the word "terrorist" in it.

Now, Obama is going to get a rubber stamp on anything with the words "economic crisis" in it.

(Bucks County)

"michael ratner was the person being interviewed and it's mentioned at the beginning of the article that this man is providing legal representation to terrorists captured on the battlefield in afghanistan and iraq. i can't help but think micheal ratner's opinion may be somewhat biased and unreliable.

More garbage from those who support terrorists.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

CCR President Michael Ratner on Truth Comission inquiry into Bush. Democracy Now
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF7eip_RjEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhb3GUh4i5E

(A bit older)
    Michael Ratner on Ron Paul and "soft fascism" in the US

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHBg373GfrU

(Lancaster County)

"More garbage from those who support terrorists. "

I understand where you're coming from here, and I agree that those who are pushing this have at the very least an anti-American agenda.

However, reconcile that with this:

George W. Bush's definition of a terrorist: Osama Bin Laden, Taliban and the like.

Barack Obama's definition of a terrorist: All of us.

This is why the executive should never have been allowed to take so much power, and do so many things behind the scenes. The executive changes every 4-8 years so we must be vigilant and remember to be careful what we wish for.

(Wayne County)

I can't really speak to it intelligently until I get a chance to wade through all 150 +/- pages of memos.

I've had concerns over Bush's treatment of Amendments 4-8 for years. What has me interested is how this dovetails into the Obama administration's removal of the use of the term "War on terror." My initial understanding is that it would rein in some of the subjectivity of the Bush memos but, I'm really just speculating at this point.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    More garbage from those who support terrorists.
    are you suggesting that anyone called a "terrorist" shouldn't have the same RIGHTS as everyone else?
    Last edited by whenheavenfell; April 13th, 2009 at 02:54 AM. Reason: changed a word

(Cumberland County)

I consider this subject a very serious and plausible accusation. I have debated this with many people ever since 9/11. I have researched tirelessly, read articles, books, fact checked, you name it. I could write a book about my personal conclusions based on my research but here is the condensed version...

I have come to the conclusion that Bush, Cheney, John Yoo, and so many others in his administration have committed countless crimes including violating presidential/executive power, violating the constitution, making up false threats, and flat out lying to go to war in Iraq.

The evidence is out there, you just have to dig, and dig deep. It takes time to dig up the reliable sources for which the information stands, but it's in multiple forms. I'm still finding new reads and picking up books and learning more every year since 2001.

But to the bottom line... there's plenty of evidence and reason for Bush, Cheney, and Yoo to be prosecuted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast