Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Glock Saf-T-Blok - thoughts?

Anybody have any experience or thoughts on the Glock Saf-T-Blok?

http://www.ajaxgrips.com/ajax/saftblok

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Glock Saf-T-Blok - thoughts?

No experience, but I think it's a terrible idea.

Your holster covers thetrigger and if it's not in the holster that means you're ready to use it and you don't want something keeping your trigger from working.

(Montgomery County)

Glock Armorer at the shop I go to uses one. He did mention that they tend to get lost, and depending on the situation, it may be still behind the trigger if you are at low ready. Not exactly a great idea imo.

My opinion is based on reviews from those who use them, not from personal experience in daily use. I looked at this as an option, but opted not to use one since I could not reliably dislodge it on drawing every time.

(Allegheny County)

in my humble opinion...

1. they are absolutely unneccessary. no need for them whatsoever. they have zero value.

2. "disengaging" them requires putting your finger into the trigger guard when you are not ready to actually fire the weapon. this is a violation of one of the 4 fundamental safety rules.

3. they add a step between "holy shit that guy is trying to kill me!!" and your gun going "bang". that is bad. (and you have to use your trigger finger--in position your trigger finger would not normally ever be in--to do it...whereas a 1911 safety, for example, allows you to use your thumb in its natural position to disengage the safety and is, thus, less of an obstacle to getting the gun to go bang!)

if you want a gun with a manual safety, i would suggest getting a gun with a manual safety. however, i see no need for a gun with a manual safety. glocks are perfectly safe as is as long as you do your part. and, even if a gun does have a manual safety, that is not an excuse to not do your parts, so...

just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by LittleRedToyota; April 10th, 2009 at 02:21 PM.
    F*S=k

(Northampton County)

I tried it & didn't like it. In some holsters the width of the safe-t -block(it sticks out the opposite side of the gun would interfear with the holster. So I cut the S-T-B to make it narrower. Now it was harder to dislodge so the gun could be fired.

Forget the S-T-B & put the money toward a good holster that covers the trigger.

2. "disengaging" them requires putting your finger into the trigger guard when you are not ready to actually fire the weapon. this is a violation of one of the 4 fundamental safety rules.
    I never thought of that but LRT is right.

(Berks County)

I'm perfectly fine carrying my Glock with one in the pipe. My CB SuperTuck covers the trigger just fine. However, a gentlemen I shoot with refuses to keep one in the pipe - he also carrys in a very very very cheap IWB holster.

Thank you for the feedback - I may suggest he gets a better holster in place of this.

Take care,
    Eric

(Allegheny County)

in the for whatever it is worth category...

i'm thinking maybe your buddy carries in an uncle mike's nylon IWB or similar holster (since you mention cheap and they cost $10)...

i sometimes carry my glock (with a round chambered) in one of those if i am going somewhere i really don't want anyone to notice even a bump in my shirt. (those holsters have many shortcomings, but i can make a G17 completely disappear with them.)

they actually protect the trigger just fine.

i have even purposefully tried to press the trigger (with the gun unloaded of course) while it was in the holster...can't do it.

but, yeah, i would agree he should get a better holster for general use...one that lets you reholster one-handed, imho.
    F*S=k

(Berks County)

I tried one along with a Clip Draw. I wasn't a fan of either one. Just get a decent holster and you'll be much better off.

(Berks County)

Trust me his holster isn't even Uncle Mikes worthy. It looks like some rag from a farmers market. Anyway - the new holster is my suggestion to him.

Thanks gents!

The way I see it is you would only need this if you aren't using a holster that covers the trigger (bad idea anyway). Now you are potentially betting your life on the fact that this piece of crap won't fall out of the trigger gaurd. If it does now you have a loaded gun with the trigger unprotected that you could accidently pull trying to grab your gun.

It would also be easy to froget about in a crisis situation. When I carry my Glock I look at my holster as my first safety and the trigger safety as the second.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast