Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Robinson Walmart

Got to work a little early today so I decided to stop in the local Walmart here in Robinson, PA. Bought the 9mm that they had but noticed 1,000 .45 auto rounds (BB) still in the case. Don't own a .45 so I wanted to let everyone else know...

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Robinson Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by TeflonD21 View Post
    Got to work a little early today so I decided to stop in the local Walmart here in Robinson, PA. Bought the 9mm that they had but noticed 1,000 .45 auto rounds (BB) still in the case. Don't own a .45 so I wanted to let everyone else know...
    Thanks a lot. Of course you would have to be on both the opposite side and corner of the Commonwealth!

Just kiddin' around.
    Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
    ...Say that to my face.

Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully they'll still have a couple boxes after work...I haven't been able to find any 45 around here lately.

I've noticed that the .45 is a lot easier to come by here in NEPA. 9mm though forget about it. I just bought my Glock 19 (first handgun) and wasn't aware of the ammo crisis until the day after. I went to Walmart and they had about 10 boxes of WWB 9mm. I bought 2 but if I would've known better I would've emptied the shelf.

(Lackawanna County)

you guys need to stop buying ammo at Walmart. from what i've seen, local shops are fully stocked, and get regular shipments all the time, when needed.

(Allegheny County)

i was in the walmart at Robinson twp this morning about 11:45 and they didn't have so much as a single round of anything but odd hunting calibers and a bit of federal 30-06 and one box of .308
    MORDENTE MEUM

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    you guys need to stop buying ammo at Walmart. from what i've seen, local shops are fully stocked, and get regular shipments all the time, when needed.
    The only ammo I see in local gun shops is ammo likely bought from Walmart and marked up $10.00 a box WWB for example. When a legitimate gun store can't get any from his suppliers and is rationing what he does have, then you go to a small time gun shop and he's all stocked up when he wasn't a week ago the gears start turning. I think the ammo manufacturers can't keep up enough production right now for anyone to be fully stocked. Check out all of the ammo suppliers online. Sportsman's guide has expected delivery dates of July, September, October etc. Cheaper than dirt, pretty much only special purpose rounds. It has gotten ridiculous.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy_K View Post
    The only ammo I see in local gun shops is ammo likely bought from Walmart and marked up $10.00 a box WWB for example. When a legitimate gun store can't get any from his suppliers and is rationing what he does have, then you go to a small time gun shop and he's all stocked up when he wasn't a week ago the gears start turning. I think the ammo manufacturers can't keep up enough production right now for anyone to be fully stocked. Check out all of the ammo suppliers online. Sportsman's guide has expected delivery dates of July, September, October etc. Cheaper than dirt, pretty much only special purpose rounds. It has gotten ridiculous.
    last i checked, Walmart didn't carry Hornady TAP or Critical Defense, Federal Hydrashoks or HST, Remington Golden Sabres, Speer Gold Dots, Winchester Ranger SXT, or Corbon Pow'r'ball.

just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    sadly thats not the case on this side of the state, hell I had to give up my 3yr+ walmart boycott just to help keep up on my ammo supply. Wasn't happy about it, but it is what it is for the time being.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Yeah, local shops may mave a bit more ammo because they don't get as many people in there.

If they were to get a good run they'd be hurting for ammo too.

You may see more ammo at a local shop but it's rediculous to say there is no shortage. This many people buying new guns, this many people buying lots more ammo at a time. It's clear that the supplies are stretched.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast