Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Getting a sense of this Administration, or, go Kumar, go Kumar!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,1161271.story

At this rate, they're going to tap Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong for the DEA!

(Adams County)

Default Re: Getting a sense of this Administration, or, go Kumar, go Kumar!

I guess THIS is why they killed him off of HOUSE.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Lehigh County)

Hhahaha

Believe it or not.. I'm really not bothered.. I'm kinda interested on how he'll do..

It's different to be sure.. And it's not different in a "holy crap we're all going to die" way. I'm always up for something new from An administration.

It's like if that hired that woman from the West Wing to be the REAL press secretary.. I'd watch every damn press conference.. lol Why? Because come on.. It's not something you expect..

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

I don't really mind either. What was a bit wierd though is that celebraties are willing to drop their careers to go work for this guy. It's just sort of creepy.

(Allegheny County)

It should be interesting to see how he does at his new job. Because for me personally, when I see him I don't thing anything about the administration, I think about Harold and Kumar and the like!
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. - George Washington

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    I don't really mind either. What was a bit wierd though is that celebraties are willing to drop their careers to go work for this guy. It's just sort of creepy.
    Robert McNamara worked at Ford Motor Company through the 1950's as an executive, and by 1960 had been asked take the position of company President. He was the first person outside of the Ford family to ascend to that role. In this position he was one of the highest paid executives in the world at the time, and he resigned after 6 weeks because President-Elect Kennedy asked him to be Secretary of State. McNamara had personally stated he had no interest in politics, it was a position McNamara really didn't want, but he reluctantly accepted out of his respect for JFK, and out of a sense of duty to his country.

I don't think it's creepy. Throughout our history people of all different economic levels in society have temporarily left their chosen professions to participate in government, from local to federal. It's a unique part of our heritage to do so, and it shouldn't be any more weird just because Obama is president.

I don't see anything wrong with someone, regardless of station, celebrity, or income, making a personal decision to get involved in politics. I will agree that the era of the citizen-statesman is basically over if not long gone, but we as a society should still BELIEVE in the idea and support those that endeavor to such an ideal, and hope that they don't become prey to the corruption present in politics. That's the only way we're gonna turn this thing around.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Chambered, he is so ready!

(Berks County)

Yeah and the memories of McNamara's 100,000....

Well, maybe he played a politician on something. He'd be equal to the task with the rest of those guys there right now.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by spratman View Post
    Yeah and the memories of McNamara's 100,000....

Well, maybe he played a politician on something. He'd be equal to the task with the rest of those guys there right now.
    I wasn't holding him up (or JFK for that matter) as a great politician, but rather to show that it isn't the first time a person in the US sacrificed money, celebrity, etc. to work in government or enter into politics.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Robert McNamara worked at Ford Motor Company through the 1950's as an executive, and by 1960 had been asked take the position of company President. He was the first person outside of the Ford family to ascend to that role. In this position he was one of the highest paid executives in the world at the time, and he resigned after 6 weeks because President-Elect Kennedy asked him to be Secretary of State. McNamara had personally stated he had no interest in politics, it was a position McNamara really didn't want, but he reluctantly accepted out of his respect for JFK, and out of a sense of duty to his country.

I don't think it's creepy. Throughout our history people of all different economic levels in society have temporarily left their chosen professions to participate in government, from local to federal. It's a unique part of our heritage to do so, and it shouldn't be any more weird just because Obama is president.

I don't see anything wrong with someone, regardless of station, celebrity, or income, making a personal decision to get involved in politics. I will agree that the era of the citizen-statesman is basically over if not long gone, but we as a society should still BELIEVE in the idea and support those that endeavor to such an ideal, and hope that they don't become prey to the corruption present in politics. That's the only way we're gonna turn this thing around.
    You mean you don't find it creepy when actors say things like they stoped asking "What would Jesus do" and now ask "What would Obama do" or what was Halle Berry's quote about wanting to lay flowers in his path or something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast