Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Naked in NJ, what a drag

Today we had to go down to NJ to help Tootie's mom with some stuff in the yard and some repairs on the house (I get to play Mr. fix it and Tootie gets to play gardener). Tooties mom is getting up there and keeping up with all the crap that needs to get done around the house is getting rough for her so we try and shoot down 3 or 4 times a year to help out.

So anyways, I debated all week what I was going to do with 'old faithful' my G27. Did I do the 'Jersey lockup' and take the chance of being subjected to anal probes by the NJSP?

Last night I told Tootie I was going to wear my Desantis holster, OC style in an 'empty holster' protest but not being 100% awake by the time we left I forgot.

So off the the people's republic we go ... nothing interesting, get to Moms and start working .. the of course I ran out of 2.5" deck screws (the womans tools and hardware looks like a bomb went off in 1965) so I had to run to the local hardware store in Middlesex.... it was just about then I remembered I had forgotten the empty holster. As I walked around an unfamiliar hardware store (wearing a PAFOA Eastern Shoot t-shirt) I started chuckling to myself thinking if I HAD worn the holster ... I kept getting visions of "man with a holster" calls to either the Middlesex Police or the "gestapo" (e.g. NJSP) ... yes beat me if you will but I have NEVER had a good encounter with any damn one of them!

So we made it in, made it back out but DAMMIT I felt like I was walking around naked down there! Seems the carry piece has become part of me and roaming around without it just ain't right!

Anyone else feel like they are walking around naked there in in the PRMD or PRNY? DAMN I HATE THAT FEELING!

Damn good to be back in a free land ...

On the positive note, I think we have FINALLY convinced mom into moving to PA!

(Berks County)

Default Re: Naked in NJ, what a drag

Anyone else feel like they are walking around naked there in in the PRMD or PRNY? DAMN I HATE THAT FEELING
    First glance I thought it said naked in NJ IN drag

YES!....my dad and my in-laws are still there, I go over once a month, sometimes more...Crime is really up in the old neighborhood also, pisses me off to no end i can't carry.

My brother is a member at a club, we sometimes go shooting, so I usually bring my carry gun, but locked up...ammo seperate...yada yada...just in case I get stopped.

Feel much better on the return trip as soon as I pay my .75 cents at the I-78 toll.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    (wearing a PAFOA Eastern Shoot t-shirt)
    i uppose if you're only going to have one you might as well make up some shirts

You need to take a pic of the shirt to prove an Eastie group shoot isn't just a myth.

We all know bigfoot is real, but I'm not so sure about eastie group shoots

Have no fear. I heard that NJ will soon issue new permits for "HWAP" These will be for residents AND residents of bordering states!!!!!! I don't know if they will allow "open" carry or not.
    Oh, by the way, "HWAP" stands for "Harsh Words And Phrases". The permit allows you to carry flash cards in a holster so you can defend yourself.
    Unfortunately the Legislature has begun to question "assault words" and "teflon coated flash cards" so the permits may come with severe restrictions.
    (Born and raised in NJ and now free)

(Philadelphia County)

At my local range we refer to NJ as...........The Nazi Occupied State.
    Phila sucks but I have my guns, Will be moving next year to Delaware county.

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    i uppose if you're only going to have one you might as well make up some shirts

You need to take a pic of the shirt to prove an Eastie group shoot isn't just a myth.

We all know bigfoot is real, but I'm not so sure about eastie group shoots

Well I'm not the only one that owns one!

We will get out the camera next time they come out of the wash and get pics!

Quote Originally Posted by thanker92 View Post
    Have no fear. I heard that NJ will soon issue new permits for "HWAP" These will be for residents AND residents of bordering states!!!!!! I don't know if they will allow "open" carry or not.
    Oh, by the way, "HWAP" stands for "Harsh Words And Phrases". The permit allows you to carry flash cards in a holster so you can defend yourself.
    Unfortunately the Legislature has begun to question "assault words" and "teflon coated flash cards" so the permits may come with severe restrictions.
    (Born and raised in NJ and now free)
    DAYUM THAT'S FUNNY! Rep to you for a GREAT belly laugh!

(Wayne County)

I spent 3 days over in the Pemberton/Mt. Holly area last month while teaching a workshop for work. I think I actually got the DTs and started to hallucinate as we drove across the Ben (Franklin bridge to those not familiar with the Philly vernacular.)

I was jonesing the whole time for the smell of Hoppes and I had this uncomfortable, balanced feeling on my right hip. I suppose it's analogous to the phantom pain that amputees get.

To top it off, we got turned around in Trenton on the way back over into Bucks Co. I think I actually saw zombies in Trenton. I think they were Hessians!

I did breath a sigh of relief when we crossed back over the Delaware river going westbound. I never thought that Langhorne'd be a welcome sight.

I'm glad you two made it back in one piece (or would that be two pieces? You get the idea.)

I really did see zombies.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I spent 3 days over in the Pemberton/Mt. Holly area last month while teaching a workshop for work. I think I actually got the DTs and started to hallucinate as we drove across the Ben (Franklin bridge to those not familiar with the Philly vernacular.)

I was jonesing the whole time for the smell of Hoppes and I had this uncomfortable, balanced feeling on my right hip. I suppose it's analogous to the phantom pain that amputees get.

To top it off, we got turned around in Trenton on the way back over into Bucks Co. I think I actually saw zombies in Trenton. I think they were Hessians!

I did breath a sigh of relief when we crossed back over the Delaware river going westbound. I never thought that Langhorne'd be a welcome sight.

I'm glad you two made it back in one piece (or would that be two pieces? You get the idea.)

I really did see zombies.

Just about describes my feelings today! Give me PA or give me death cause NJ is just killing me!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Just about describes my feelings today! Give me PA or give me death cause NJ is just killing me!
    All of my family is in Monmouth county, and it absolutely SUCKS not being able to carry there. I hope and pray I'm never in NJ in a situation where I'm going for my pocket knife wishing I had my gun with me.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    All of my family is in Monmouth county, and it absolutely SUCKS not being able to carry there. I hope and pray I'm never in NJ in a situation where I'm going for my pocket knife wishing I had my gun with me.
    It sucks having loved ones in a state that REFUSES to let us protect them... can't WAIT for 'mom' to free herself!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast