Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: i was supprised

(Dauphin County)

Default i was supprised

while i was in Baltimore on tuesday night delivering to a store in west Balt where they have Balt city police on duty from open to close...

i went up to get a drink while i was being unloaded and decided to ask the 2 officers what guns they carry.. glock .40's btw..( they both said they wished they could carry .45's )

the one officer was very nice and asked what kind i have and i said i have a CZ . 40 and said also that i wished i coudl carry it in MD, he said "you cant carry here ? do you have a LTCF ? " i said yes but that MD does not reciprocate with us, he said he lived in Pa and did not know that, also did not know about open carry being legal, to which i explained that it is with some requirements...

it was a pleasant interaction and both agreed that it would be nice if i could carry thee also since apparently, west Balt is one of the worst crime rates in the country right now..

the one officer actually said to the other as i was walking away that he thinks he would carry anyway .. lol exactly what iw as thinking also !!!
    Last edited by 4XLT; April 9th, 2009 at 12:03 PM.
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Default Re: i was supprised

It is known among the MD right-to-carry circles that the beat cops are in the majority for the right-to-carry by non LEOS, but the higher ups ( puppets of mayors and the guv) and the damned legislators are anti right-to-carry. There are also some county sheriffs all for citizen right-to-carry.

The problem is trying to educate the voting block, the majority population centers in MD are made up of too many clueless democrat voters, who keep voting in assholes who are anti gun. Sometimes it is just a few of these politico assholes who head commitees and won't let the bills out for a vote. If you know anyone in Montgomery county, tell them to "Flush Frosh" in the next election. Oh yeah the sheeple in this state make me want to bang my head on something. I guess I better crank the hair band music up...
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Fayette County)

Default Re: i was supprised

That's pretty interesting. I enjoy reading about good encounters with law enforcement since so many have bad stories to share.
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard