Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Colliers Sportsmen, I need sponsors.

I'm looking for a little help. I would really like to join Colliers Sportsmen's Club, but I need two sponsors that have been there at least 2 years. Is anyone willing to help out a fellow sportsman? Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks,

Mike

(Allegheny County)

I went to Colliers and had the same problem of needing 2 sponsors as well. I had the option of showing up a "few Sundays" of not shooting, just meeting people and getting sponsors that way. But I wasn't looking to socialize as much as shoot my guns and elected to join Coraopolis and shoot all within 25 minutes of parking the car. However, Colliers looks real nice and they have a great clubhouse. And the people seemed pretty nice.

(Beaver County)

I was a member of Colliers for several years until I moved into Beaver County. The clubhouse is nice, but what with some of the range rules that were in place when I was a member, there are better choices in the area. Unless things have changed, on the centerfire rifle range shooters could only load one round at a time. On the pistol range, only 5. These and other rules were in effect because a nearby upscale housing development (Nevillewood) was complaining about noise and (I believe non-existant) stray rounds. The club's officers were pretty sure the club would be sued to death if we didn't make nice with the rich folks.
    The clubhouse was comfortable, though, and the prices were good for things like a glass of beer. Overall, it was a better place to socialize than to shoot.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the information, Joe. Which other clubs in the area would you recommend? I used to be a member at Coraopolis, but I was hoping to find one a little closer to Imperial. What do you think?

Thanks,

Mike

(Beaver County)

I've been to Coraopolis with a friend who was a member and it was nice. Beaver Valley Gun Club, near Chippewa, is very nice but maybe farther than you want to drive. Bucktails in Aliquippa is extremely cheap, but has rather minimal facilities. If you want to try Beaver Valley, I'm a member and you can come shoot as my guest.

(Allegheny County)

Joe,

Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it sometime. The biggest reason I find Colliers attractive is that I have three small children and a wife that works in the evenings and often on Saturdays. I thought about looking into McDonald Sportsmen, but they require more than a few work days or else they charge $160/year. I'm looking for some place that I can get to within 15-20 minutes that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Colliers is $60/year after the first year and it takes 15 minutes to get there. I need to be able to use the limited time that I get to shoot rather than drive. Anyone have any suggestions for other clubs that are close to me?

Thanks,

Mike

(Allegheny County)

Turkeytoes, where about do you live? only askin to find out whats close to you.

(Allegheny County)

plr,

I live in North Fayette (Imperial), which is near Robinson Township. I'm about 15 minutes from Colliers, 25 min from Coraopolis Sportsmen's, Forest Grove, or Aliquippa Buctails. I think I'm about 20 minutes from McDonald Sportsmen and the now defunct Greater Pitt.

Any recommendations for a reasonable club near me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

(Allegheny County)

Thats pretty much all the ones i know of in that area.

(Allegheny County)

There is Dormont / Mt Lebanon which is North East of Canonsburg.

http://www.mdi.net/dml/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast