Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Dems want gun control in PA

here is the link from 1911 forums.

I am sorry to say I think all of the USA is going to be dealing with things like this after the midterm elections.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=151060

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    here is the link from 1911 forums.

I am sorry to say I think all of the USA is going to be dealing with things like this after the midterm elections.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=151060
    Well what can we do about this?
    If you own a firearm this means you!
    Call /write /email your representatives.
    Join the NRA or other organization.

Or do nothing and complain about it later.

(Chester County)

I just wrote both my reps. I know I have said this before. I use to live in NY and the laws there were terrible. make sure you vote and support the NRA the PA rifle and pistol association and other pro gun organizations. If you do a search of my posts you will see a post where I outline what was needed to buy a handgun in NY. It is so long of a list I cant rewrite it you will have to search and read it if you are curious. Dont let that happen to US. We are far from that but it all starts someplace. People that lived here all their lives have no idea how good we have it in PA. Dont get complacent. I would be more then happe to speak publicly about this issue and other liberal issues that NY has done to destroy that state. God Bless PA!!!!

Hey rudy here is the link I was talking about. http://www.pafoa.org/forum/showthrea...=2542#post2542
    Last edited by Lougotzz; August 13th, 2006 at 01:22 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    I just wrote both my reps. I know I have said this before. I use to live in NY and the laws there were terrible. make sure you vote and support the NRA the PA rifle and pistol association and other pro gun organizations. If you do a search of my posts you will see a post where I outline what was needed to buy a handgun in NY. It is so long of a list I cant rewrite it you will have to search and read it if you are curious. Dont let that happen to US. We are far from that but it all starts someplace. People that lived here all their lives have no idea how good we have it in PA. Dont get complacent. I would be more then happe to speak publicly about this issue and other liberal issues that NY has done to destroy that state. God Bless PA!!!!

Hey rudy here is the link I was talking about. http://www.pafoa.org/forum/showthrea...=2542#post2542
    I did not know all that about NY. We do have it good in PA compared to all that crap in NY.And hope we never let any thing like that happen here.

Thanks for the link.

(Philadelphia County)

the dems.. the reps..

its all black and white dont you see!!

"if only my guy got in office, things will be ok!"

The issue of Gun Control is much bigger than left vs right. Dont get caught up in the circus of American Politics.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Chester County)

Dont think I have the attitude that the dems are only the bad guy. In NY we had the most gun control with a republican governor (pataki) then a dem gov (cumo). The NRA gave Pataki a B rating. I put that stupid bumper sticker on my van. I will never do that again. He was one of the most anti gun govenors in NY history. He got his stuff through because of back room deals. That is why NY still has an AWB. Pataki did that. he also did balistic finger printing. And others I cant remember. Sometimes it is better to create grid lock in the system. We have it now in PA with govenor and legislator. Lynn swan is an unknown do we really know how he will vote on gun bills. This is the horrible reality of politics. I am sorry to say they vote for what is best for them not the state or country. God help us.

I am not that worried about what Swan will do if he gets in. He is an unknown and he hasnt started anything yet. He should be getting his name out. I think Rendell(sp) will get in again. If we keep a strong legislative pro gun house ans senate he will be ineffective.

(Beaver County)

We need Rendell and a GOP legislature or Swann and a Democratic legislature. My impression of the way gun laws (most of the time) work is as follows:
    1. Dems propose new laws.
    2. Reps "fight" new laws.
    3. New gun laws are passed.
    4. Dems crow about making the streets safer.
    5. Reps say "Honestly, we tried."
    6. Gun owners get angry and vote out Dems.
    7. Reps take office, fail to repeal any gun laws, and screw up something else.
    8. Other voting blocs get angry and vote out the Reps.
    9. Return to step 1.

They have a nice racket going.

(Montgomery County)

That's why I believe none of the parties really wants to ban guns all together. They need guns on the streets to use as an excuse for crime. They want to spend the tax money on feel good projects and not on protecting the public. If guns were totally outlawed they know as well as us that crime will go up and then they might not be able to avoid having to do something about it.

Little gun laws now and then or just blaming the guns and the NRA is all they need to deflect the blame for crime from them.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Demko View Post
    We need Rendell and a GOP legislature or Swann and a Democratic legislature. My impression of the way gun laws (most of the time) work is as follows:
    1. Dems propose new laws.
    2. Reps "fight" new laws.
    3. New gun laws are passed.
    4. Dems crow about making the streets safer.
    5. Reps say "Honestly, we tried."
    6. Gun owners get angry and vote out Dems.
    7. Reps take office, fail to repeal any gun laws, and screw up something else.
    8. Other voting blocs get angry and vote out the Reps.
    9. Return to step 1.

They have a nice racket going.
    Actually for the most part that isn't happening yet... The far left keeps proposing these laws, but keep getting shot down in the legislature. I also think that Rendell is a smart enough politician to realize that gun control is a loser in a statewide election, which is why he's been mostly silent since taking office.

(Montgomery County)

Rendell is the terribly anti-gun and he would love to let Philadelphia 'do its own thing'. Philadelphia is restrcited from enacting (more) draconian gun laws as they cannot have diferent law than what the states provide.

Swann is indeed an unknown - I did hear him in a blurb recently that pretty much summed up this idea:

"A gun owner himself, Swann said gun violence is best curbed by enforcing current laws and changing the mindset of those who would use guns to settle disputes. Mindsets are changed by providing better economic opportunities, he said."

Of coure that means nothing untuil he takes a firm stand, but some small insight into the matter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast