Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Question for those that sell on Gunbroker

I decided to go ahead and set up an account on Gunbroker. My question is about posting pictures of the guns/items I want to sell. I use photobucket for my gun pics and they have 4 different catagories for different things (Email and IM, Direct Link, HTML Code, IMG Code). Which one is used to post pics on Gunbroker or do I need to do it a different way. If a different way, what's the best, clearest, etc.

Thanks for the inputs.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Default Re: Question for those that sell on Gunbroker

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    I decided to go ahead and set up an account on Gunbroker. My question is about posting pictures of the guns/items I want to sell. I use photobucket for my gun pics and they have 4 different catagories for different things (Email and IM, Direct Link, HTML Code, IMG Code). Which one is used to post pics on Gunbroker or do I need to do it a different way. If a different way, what's the best, clearest, etc.

Thanks for the inputs.
    Gunbroker will / can host them for you.

They charge after the first one. If you want to put pictures into the Item Description use the HTML code
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Perry County)

I sell on Gunbroker a lot. I am computer literate but certainly not a wizard. I know there is an option to pull the pictures from a website. I have never done that.

I simply have my photos in a file in "my pictures". I upload them from there when I create my listing. I've never had a problem doing it that way.

Remember Gunbroker will downsize the file if it is too big. I have had a few pictures that clearly showed something I wanted to make the buyer aware of only to have the downsizing cause the detail to be lost.

Hope this helps, if not, maybe you can change your heading and get a few of these computer geniuses to take an interest.

(Lycoming County)

i have just been using the ones from "my pictures" on my computer

(Blair County)

You can upload 4 photos to Gunbroker and they will host them, or you can link up to 4 stored photos and Gunbroker will handle the HTML required to display them. I don’t load any to Gunbroker, I choose the first option “No Photos” and include all my photos in my description using HTML. This way I can host my pics to a site that allows access via direct link. I have a template that I use (in Word, but any processor will work) that I modify for each firearm and using the replace function I replace the old URL location with the new one. My camera starts at 001 each time I clear the memory, so each series of pics has the same set of numbers, the only thing that changes is the subdirectory I store them in. Here is a link to one of my current auctions:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=126034260

If you want my template let me know.
    Steve

I'd be interested in your template

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SteveWag View Post
    You can upload 4 photos to Gunbroker and they will host them, or you can link up to 4 stored photos and Gunbroker will handle the HTML required to display them. I don’t load any to Gunbroker, I choose the first option “No Photos” and include all my photos in my description using HTML. This way I can host my pics to a site that allows access via direct link. I have a template that I use (in Word, but any processor will work) that I modify for each firearm and using the replace function I replace the old URL location with the new one. My camera starts at 001 each time I clear the memory, so each series of pics has the same set of numbers, the only thing that changes is the subdirectory I store them in. Here is a link to one of my current auctions:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=126034260

If you want my template let me know.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post

Thanks for the inputs.
    I have a set of standard HTML templates also. I use the usual boilerplate disclaimers (modern firearms ->FFL only, etc). The images are offsite through photobucket or something similar. The major points:

• The big plus is controlling the image attributes. As one poster correctly stated, certain important details can be lost through resizing. With HTML the image can either be embedded or an enlargeable thumbnail of any size.
    • It also keeps the listing cost down to just the auction itself plus the final value fee.
    • The final version of the ad can be viewed locally with a mainstream internet browser before uploading to Gunbroker.

PM me if you want one of the HTML templates. And also don't forget to provide sharp, clear images taken in good light.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

Thanks PA Rifleman

(Centre County)

Well, since I started this thread more than 2 1/2 years ago I guess I can comment on it since someone resurrected it.

I did what Steve advised, I just put the pictures in the description, it's much easier. I happen to use photobucket and they make it pretty painless. In fact, I'm getting ready to put a few more things (guns, etc.) on it (and I'll post them here also with my "Buy It Now"price ).
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member