Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Encouter tonite.

A lady friend and I went out driving around this evening when we(she) decided to stop at a really old cemetery. We had sat there for 30-40 minutes, during the course of that time we were telling ghost stories and such. ...occasionally hearing a snap of a tree limb or some other odd noise. On one of the noises I started to look behind us because I felt "eyes", as I was looking around she grabbed my arm and started gasping. As I turned to see what was up, 20 feet in front of us was a 300-400lb black bear. My lady friend got all weak in the knees and started shaking, almost at the point of falling down. So I grabbed her up and threw over the shoulder and pulled my piece. I then walked backwards to her jeep keeping an eye on the bear. The whole time I backed up to her vehicle the bear didn't seem to mind us one bit. I mean it was like we weren't even there. But once I closed the door on her jeep after dumping her inside, it really took notice. At that point I thought to myself, "Oh crap, I hope she unlocked the other side." I pulled a Bo Duke across her hood and scrambled for the door, as I did that the bear kinda side stepped to see where I was. When I went to open it, sure as crap it was locked. At that point I'm trying to decide whether to scream at her or laugh because its just my damn luck. For what seemed like an eternity(30-45sec) I'm mumbling "unlock the door, unlock the door, unlock the door", then it dawned on her that I was still outside and the bear was only 12-13ft away at the time. So I hear the click and I dove in. The bear then came up to my door and just looked at my for a few seconds then just walked down the lane.

I'm still trying to pull the underwear out of my ass from clinching up so tight. Now I know black bear are really docile critters, and it the only threating thing it did was probably because I spooked it when I closed her door. ...but I tell ya what, its kinda unnerving when you're sitting on some rocks look at the headstones and a black blob mossies up to you unnoticed(was really dark out). I just wish I had my digicam with me this evening. Its not that often you run into a bear, let alone one just feet away.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Encouter tonite.

It's too bad you didn't have your camera, I'd like to see some pictures of a bear that close, but more than that, and I'm sure I can speak for many when I say, I'd like to see the look on your face when you realized the door was locked and she didn't unlock it immediately.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    It's too bad you didn't have your camera, I'd like to see some pictures of a bear that close, but more than that, and I'm sure I can speak for many when I say, I'd like to see the look on your face when you realized the door was locked and she didn't unlock it immediately.
    Yeah, I could imagine what my faced looked like. There were other words spoken too, but this being a family oriented site - I just cant say them. lol

(Montgomery County)

Talking Re: Encouter tonite.

Good timing for a black bear to sneak up behind you...when you and a significant other are telling ghost stories lol

(Blair County)

could have been worse the two of youcould've been telling "other stories" to each other and got caught with your pants down and then things would've been really interesting
    I just flew the Millennium Falcon through the hole in your logic 2A6X1

(Delaware County)

Is it possible that a bear was buried there and what you saw was a "ghost bear" ?

Naw!!

You should have offered the girl up as an offering to the bear...you could buy more guns with the money you'd save.

A sort of similar incident happened (not to me, but a guy in my platoon) at Camp Dawson in WV last month. We were doing individual night land navigation. One of our guys was in some think brush looking for a point and he heard what he called a muttering sound, and didn't think anything of it. Then it got louder. He turned around and the bear was 10 feet away just staring at him. Imagine the sight of a brown bear in the middle of the night with only the light of a red lens flashlight illuminating its face...i pretty sure i would crap my pants.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Allegheny County)

Great story man. Loved it. Next time you two are getting close she'll probably ask you to talk to her in a Yogi or Boo-Boo voice.
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Monroe County)

Anyone remember the unlock the car door scene in "A Bronx Tale"? This story puts it in a whole new perspective.

Way back when. I was told to drop and make like a ball on my knees, you know like the armadillo does.. I asked what if he decides he wants to play armadillo ping pong. I was told you reach out and smear poop on his nose… Bet you know just where to get the poop now don’t you? It comes right after the shorts come lose from the crack.
    On a lighter note, if you ever go back there again, put a lump of coal in your shorts, , it’s a well known fact that high pressures like the one you experiences usually result in diamonds
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast