Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 55 of 461 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Walmart Ammo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    On a side note, now I'm bothered, how is the quality of blazer brass?
    It's fine. It's a little less accurate in one of my buddy's guns. We shoot it in several calibers in handguns and machineguns, never any function problems. I'd rather have WWB but I'll take either.

Edit: I think we've only shot about a thousand rounds of it, though. Maybe more.
    Last edited by ungawa; June 1st, 2009 at 10:08 PM.

I'm kind of apprehensive about posting this. WM in Mt. Pocono, as of around 1pm today had over 100 boxes(50 count) of 9mm blazer brass @ 8.95. I bought two and called my friend, bought two for him. I guess since I'm posting this so late the stampede won't hit until after I go back in the morning with my girl so we can grab another 12 boxes. Buying 2 boxes of blazer brass is about 4 or 5 dollars cheaper than the 100 round valupak WWB.
    I've never shot any FMJ's through my gun except winchester, so if the blazer brass doesnt function like I want it to, I'm sure I can find someone to sell it to
    ETA: Or if I run out of ammo, I can scare the bad guys with my collection of blazer brass that I won't fire through my gun

I've used Blazer before in several guns and never had a single problem. The gun goes bang, there's a hole in the target and the gun didn't break ... mission accomplished.

(Berks County)

I'm kind of apprehensive about posting this. WM in Mt. Pocono, as of around 1pm today had over 100 boxes(50 count) of 9mm blazer brass @ 8.95. I bought two and called my friend, bought two for him. I guess since I'm posting this so late the stampede won't hit until after I go back in the morning with my girl so we can grab another 12 boxes. Buying 2 boxes of blazer brass is about 4 or 5 dollars cheaper than the 100 round valupak WWB.
    I've never shot any FMJ's through my gun except winchester, so if the blazer brass doesnt function like I want it to, I'm sure I can find someone to sell it to
    ETA: Or if I run out of ammo, I can scare the bad guys with my collection of blazer brass that I won't fire through my gun

Blazer brass runs just fine, you'll have no problems. Good find.

Now why the hell won't they ship some of that stuff to Quakertown WalMart?

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    Now why the hell won't they ship some of that stuff to Quakertown WalMart?
    You need to take a nice afternoon drive to the Poconos, just don't bother with the Eastburg store .... empty as the devil.

[edit]You know it's weird too. When the Mt. Pocono store first got stocked (about 10 days ago) they had at least 5,000 rounds of 9mm, if not more, (seriously) and at least 3,000 rounds of 40 S & W all in the Blazer. When I hear about these other stores being out I wonder if the fact the Mt. Pocono store is 2 miles from a distribution center that makes the difference.[/edit]
    Last edited by dc dalton; June 1st, 2009 at 10:14 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    You need to take a nice afternoon drive to the Poconos, just don't bother with the Eastburg store .... empty as the devil.

[edit]You know it's weird too. When the Mt. Pocono store first got stocked (about 10 days ago) they had at least 5,000 rounds of 9mm, if not more, (seriously) and at least 3,000 rounds of 40 S & W all in the Blazer. When I hear about these other stores being out I wonder if the fact the Mt. Pocono store is 2 miles from a distribution center that makes the difference.[/edit]
    Where is Mt. Pocono? I need to get up into the hills more often.

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    Where is Mt. Pocono? I need to get up into the hills more often.
    The store is right on rt. 940 about 1/4 mile from rt. 611 and about 2 miles from 380.

From Allentown it's 40 minutes north on the northeast extension, off at the rt. 80 exit, then east to the 380 exit (only goes north) to the first exit (rt. 940) then east for a mile or so

(Berks County)

The store is right on rt. 940 about 1/4 mile from rt. 611 and about 2 miles from 380.

From Allentown it's 40 minutes north on the northeast extension, off at the rt. 80 exit, then east to the 380 exit (only goes north) to the first exit (rt. 940) then east for a mile or so
    Maybe tomorrow evening, I'll drive up.

(Monroe County)

yes and bring a couple other people who don't shoot so you can buy more than 6 boxes of ammo. just give them the money and you all go up and buy ammo 6 boxes each.

Also I worked briefly at the walmart distrobution center in tobyhanna back in febuary/march (hell hole so I stopped working there, 12 hour shift minimums and shitty working conditions, they have a HIGH attrition rate because people are always getting hurt on the job, the place is notorious if you ask around), anyways I asked around and they don't handle ammunition there as well as other touchy and/or expensive products because employee's kept stealing everything.

ETA: they told me ammo gets shipped direct from the manufacturers distrobution center.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

ETA: they told me ammo gets shipped direct from the manufacturers distrobution center.
    Sorry but knowing WM I don't believe that for a second, there's no way in hell ammo distributors would ship less than a case of any caliber.

(Bucks County)

I was just in the wm in willowgrove and they had nothing.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

Page 55 of 461 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast