Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default I am now officially unemployed.

Today is the last day for the Harley-Davidson private fleet. It was a good ride, but its all over now. Guess I'll take the month of April off, and then go back to work. Luckily, its not too awful hard to get another trucking job if you know where to look. The thing is, I probably won't be able to be as picky as I usually am. I am kind of fortunate, in that I will have severance pay and benefits for just over 3 months. Without that it would be a whole lot uglier. I know a lot of people have lost jobs during this economy, and I wish all of you the best of luck finding work.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Berks County)

Default Re: I am now officially unemployed.

Best of luck tes. It happened to me twice in '08, and I'm praying it doesn't happen again.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    Today is the last day for the Harley-Davidson private fleet. It was a good ride, but its all over now. Guess I'll take the month of April off, and then go back to work. Luckily, its not too awful hard to get another trucking job if you know where to look. The thing is, I probably won't be able to be as picky as I usually am. I am kind of fortunate, in that I will have severance pay and benefits for just over 3 months. Without that it would be a whole lot uglier. I know a lot of people have lost jobs during this economy, and I wish all of you the best of luck finding work.
    Who is taking over as a contract carrier or are they just going to ship common carrier?

(Lawrence County)

My father moved to Florida, got a job, then a month later was layed off.... found another job a month later... my company is tightening it's belt just about every day and I sometimes fear for my job, but hopefully that doesn't happen.

Good luck in finding another job... lower your standards a bit and just realize it's a paycheck. When you find yourself complaining about the type of haul you have, just keep repeating to yourself, It's a paycheck it's a paycheck it's a paycheck. Then think of all those out there that AREN'T getting a paycheck and what your life would be without one! hehe.... that's what I do atleast.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Delaware County)

Sorry to hear/read your news!!

Positives; 3 months to go ride, and the weather is getting great!!
    This economy is turning around IMHO, so you can probably get a job.
    Be very happy you don't build cars in the Midwest!

Now go ride!!
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Philadelphia County)

Sorry to hear your news. Good luck in finding a job.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Who is taking over as a contract carrier or are they just going to ship common carrier?
    UPS freight truckload has the contract for the next 5 years. As of right now they aren't paying enough to keep me on. Some things are being worked on and there is a meeting on sunday about it, so we'll see. I think they are getting a little nervous since they wanted 48 of us to stay, and about maybe 15-20 have signed on so far.

(Northampton County)

Sorry to hear that. Hope you find another soon

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bmarshall91 View Post
    My father moved to Florida, got a job, then a month later was layed off.... found another job a month later... my company is tightening it's belt just about every day and I sometimes fear for my job, but hopefully that doesn't happen.

Good luck in finding another job... lower your standards a bit and just realize it's a paycheck. When you find yourself complaining about the type of haul you have, just keep repeating to yourself, It's a paycheck it's a paycheck it's a paycheck. Then think of all those out there that AREN'T getting a paycheck and what your life would be without one! hehe.... that's what I do atleast.
    I get what your saying brother, but when it isn't enough to pay the bills, ( 50% of what I made with Harley ) you got to look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    Welcome to the club. If we, unemployed, keep growing like this we'll need a bigger clubhouse. I got it in Oct 08.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast