Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default We have a chat room! (Which is open again!)

Chat has been indefinitely disabled, please see this post for more details.

Well, a few of you guys asked for a chat room, so I started doing some research and found one that I think should work out for us pretty well.

It's called FlashChat and it integrates with our forum software (vBulletin) quite seamlessly. Once you are logged in you will see a "PAFOA Chat" item in the navigation at the top (next to "Log Out") which will take you there. Once you click it you'll get a new window that will automatically log you into the chat with your username from the forum and dump you into the chat room. If for some reason it asks you for a username/password simply enter your forum username/password as the chat and the forum share the same database.

If you have any questions or notice something not working right, please contact me and let me know so I can look into it.

I will try to be in there all the time in case anyone shows up and anyone else who wants to idle around in there is welcome that we we can actually get some discussion going.
    Last edited by danp; September 20th, 2006 at 11:07 PM.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Berks County)

Default Thanks for the chat feature

Dan,

Love the improvements you've made to the site, especially the chat feature. Very nice way to say hi to people and get answers to short, easy questions without cluttering the boards.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

ChamberedRound

Default all i can say is wow

I go away 2 weeks to buy a house and move, and every thing changes! space for pictures, chat, and i even got a few e-mails of ppl wondering where i went! I even got an automated letter from the board saying i had been abscent a while asking if every thing was ok... Talk about artificial inteligence!

Yes Forum, i am alive and kicking... Ok i am not kicking hard, but i but i am alive, just one thing, remind me if i get a silly idea like moving again, about how sore i am this week.

Nice changes Dan. and its nice to be back!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Default Is it just my puter?

Last couple of times i tried the chat, i could not get into it, possibly my puter I dont know, but i noticed the chat was empty from the forum side. I get the background, but its like it freezes there and does not go further...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Last couple of times i tried the chat, i could not get into it, possibly my puter I dont know, but i noticed the chat was empty from the forum side. I get the background, but its like it freezes there and does not go further...
    I'm in there right now just fine. If this keeps happening to you send me an email. dpehrson@pafoa.org
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Come and join us in the chat room...I enjoy it better than answering the threads. You get to actually hold conversations with the members and the best part is you get your answers right away.

(Bucks County)

Wink

+1 for the web page, its a excilent way to keep me entertained at work
    Drak
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

(Philadelphia County)

Frenchy,

try updating your version of "Flash". They recently went through a critical update, and this may be causing your problems.

http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/downloads.html
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Default I could see you

Danp i could see you, but for some reason i could not reply, dunno whats up, but ill be redoing puter soon enough, so it should clear up if i picked up a bug some where

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Danp i could see you, but for some reason i could not reply, dunno whats up, but ill be redoing puter soon enough, so it should clear up if i picked up a bug some where
    Try clearing all your cookies and updating flash. Also what browser do you use? If you're using IE I'd be interested in seeing if you can get into the chat using another browser such as Mozilla Firefox (which would let us know it's an issue with the IE on your computer.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast