Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 300 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Castle Doctrine HB 40 in 09 does anyone REALLY want this passed? If so please re

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    My rep?

Frankel? not a chance in hell.

maybe I could run a neighborhood petition and deliver that to him.

So he'd agree to allowing a perp sue you if you used a baseball bat to defend yourself?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Castle Doctrine HB 40 in 09 does anyone REALLY want this passed? If so please re

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    So he'd agree to allowing a perp sue you if you used a baseball bat to defend yourself?
    he would prob get all in a tizzy over why you didnt just hand over your children to the poor misunderstood gentleman who is obviosly only this way because he wasnt able to get a gay marriage and George Bush must have tortured him into it.

This is a guy who puts out newsletters with tibits of wisdom like "rifles are for hunting deer, handguns are for hunting humans" <-actual quote I shit you not.

(Philadelphia County)

Sent and email off to Rep Keller, but being a repub in Philly I never get an answer when I contact him.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    he would prob get all in a tizzy over why you didnt just hand over your children to the poor misunderstood gentleman who is obviosly only this way because he wasnt able to get a gay marriage and George Bush must have tortured him into it.

This is a guy who puts out newsletters with tibits of wisdom like "rifles are for hunting deer, handguns are for hunting humans" <-actual quote I shit you not.
    Man, that takes a lot of balls....these are the nimrods that are getting these bills deep sixed....

(Allegheny County)

yep. frankel has single-handedly raised the level of human ignorance to new levels...

er, well, he does get some help from doug shields...
    Last edited by LittleRedToyota; April 2nd, 2009 at 11:43 PM.
    F*S=k

(Lackawanna County)

I had already contacted Wansacz before I read this. But you did inspire me to send him a follow-up reminder.

As I liked what you wrote, I plagiarized some of your suggested wording for a letter and personalized it.
    Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
    ...Say that to my face.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    yep. frankel has single-handidly raised the level of human ignorance to new levels...

er, well, he does get some help from doug shields...
    "The NRA takes our money, buys our politicians, and kills our children" - Doug Shields

(Westmoreland County)

This is a response letter I received a week ago from Rep Tim Krieger. He supports HB 40. He was on your "unknown rating" list. It's nice to know my rep supports these bills.
    Last edited by Nic; April 2nd, 2009 at 09:03 PM.

(Chester County)

Letter written and will be sent in the morning.
    Thank you for the update.
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

(Allegheny County)

Thank you for everyone efforts remember to ask them to be a co sponsor in your letter.

Most people will vote For HB 40, till we actually can get a up or down vote we got nothing!

Getting more co sponsors is the only way to break the political strangle hold on this bill to deny you of this protection in the law.

Follow up your letters with phone calls and ask again for co sponsorship again.

They work you for and just be polite, staffers are the key to getting this in front of the Reps eyes to approve so explain to staffers the concept of what this bill mean to them personally. Not so much from firearms point of view (see Kim Stolfer’s letter) but about the civil liability part and mention how it will also protect police officers from the civil liability.

I will keep updating the co sponsors / contact list mid week till we have enough to move this bill.

http://www.tribune-democrat.com/loca...082232313.html

Deadly force’ laws complex

By SANDRA K. REABUCK
    The Tribune-Democrat

Cambria County District Attorney Patrick Kiniry warned Monday that home owners and apartment-dwellers could end up facing criminal charges if they decide to use “deadly force” – firing a gun – at an intruder without legal justification.

On Sunday evening, Andrew Herdman of Johns-town’s West End shot and killed a man outside his apartment door who apparently had been attempting to enter the residence.

If the deadly force is justified, apparently no charges would be filed.

Herdman was inside his apartment when he shot the handgun, while the victim, David Edward Turner, stood outside the door on a porch.

It was the second time in five weeks in which a Johnstown resident fired a gun relating to a burglary.

In the first incident, Earl Rexford Carnahan of Hornerstown is facing trial in county court on a charge that he recklessly endangered a police officer while shooting at a suspect who had attempted to enter his home.

Carnahan allegedly fired while standing outside his home in an alley, narrowly missing a policeman who was chasing the fleeing suspect. Carnahan reportedly fired two other shots while still inside his house at the suspect, but no criminal charges were filed on those.

Kiniry said, “People have to be careful of what they do because their actions (in deadly force) are governed by a complex section of the crimes code – whether it’s in self-defense, in the defense of others or in the defense of property.”

He urged people to “use common sense, and don’t take action that places you in the criminal justice system.”

While there is a long tradition of people being able to defend their “castles” – their homes – from intruders, one criminal defense lawyer has warned that Johnstown is not the Wild West where people could shoot indiscriminately.
    When the law is not crystal clear you are left "hoping" that a District Attorney, that a judge will do the right thing, what happens in they have a bias against guns and their owners. "Hoping' you might get justice from defending yourself in court (having enough money to hire a proper consul) is no way to live in a free society.

Page 2 of 300 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast