Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Went to Cabela's tonight for ammo...

and if you got big caliber guns you better stock up now because 357 is now becoming scarce and the trend is showing as caliber increases the more it becomes scarce. As far as handgun ammo at the Cabela in Hamburg:

Caliber's completely sold out: 22, 9, and 380. Mightest well forgot about finding those calibers.

Caliber dissapearing is 357 magnum and 38 SPL.

Caliber in stock, 44 mag, 45 ACP, 454, 46, 48, and 50.

I had an employee check availability on 380 auto and their distrubution warehouse is sold out and none of the other Cabelas have 380 in stock. The employee was telling me ammo is even becoming scarce for the governement; a local PD bought $7k worth of 9mm at their store a week ago and at a Cabela's in NY the military bought $18k worth ammo.

They have plenty of AR ammo and shot shells but the handgun ammo is running scarce. If you got large caliber better stock up now while it's available.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Went to Cabela's tonight for ammo...

It's a really bad sign if Cabela's is running low on ammo....but at least they still have 5.56 and .45!
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. - George Washington

Hey....I must of passed you a few times in the isle way at Cabalas tonight......

I went out looking for.....yep - 380.......nothing.....same w/ the 38 spl.....

I did pick up 600 rds of 45 ACP & 180 rds of 40 S&W.......

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Decholder View Post
    It's a really bad sign if Cabela's is running low on ammo....but at least they still have 5.56 and .45!
    All you need is 5.56 and .45, but yeah i was there the other day and they are running low.
    my best friend works for the U.S. Marshalls and they had to buy a ton of ammo from Army&Navy in allentown as well as Cabela's, Dicks, and bass pro him and three others were sent on a day trip to purchase as much as they could. he said it was something like 12K worth of ammo we tax payers footed the bill for. nice huh.

(Blair County)

I got (2) boxes for .380 yesterday for $16 each in Altoona. American Eagle ammo... fmj... better than nothing for target. They had 6-8 boxes of .380 ammo.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by D*Compound View Post
    Hey....I must of passed you a few times in the isle way at Cabalas tonight......

I went out looking for.....yep - 380.......nothing.....same w/ the 38 spl.....

I did pick up 600 rds of 45 ACP & 180 rds of 40 S&W.......

I was there from 6-6:30. Young guy wearing a black coat, tan pants, carrying a basket full of 357 mags

(York County)

I Don't know if I'm just lucky but everytime I go to buy 9mm, it's in stock no matter where I go. well only two places I really go. Yes 357 is harder to get target ammo, hollows and high end stuff is usually still on the shelf. 22lr though now that is always around everywhere I look. Note to self don't move to wherever is it the OP lives.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jtsgsxr6 View Post
    I Don't know if I'm just lucky but everytime I go to buy 9mm, it's in stock no matter where I go. well only two places I really go. Yes 357 is harder to get target ammo, hollows and high end stuff is usually still on the shelf. 22lr though now that is always around everywhere I look. Note to self don't move to wherever is it the OP lives.

Howdy neighbor, I'm in your backyard

(Lancaster County)

At least you have all those options. There were 2 boxes of .357 sig at walmart tonight. Sportsmans wharehouse has shotgun shells and some oddball personal defense rounds. The one store I know of that still has some stock is selling mag tech 45's for $26 per 50 round box. New Mexico is running dry. I won't be back in PA untill november. Hide some rounds for me eh.
    "While a 9 mm or .40 caliber bullet may or may not expand, it is an undeniable fact that a .45 caliber bullet will never shrink."- Fr. Frog

(Cumberland County)

I see 9mm an 45acp at gander everytime I go in there. Usally have a ton of it, not all the hot brands but there is some.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast