Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Are AT&T and T-Mobile phones.....

able to be used on the opposite network? I was doing a search for AT&T phones one ebay and there are a lot of sellers who are selling them but they also have them listed as being "compatible" with T-mobile. I thought a phone was for one network or another? There is one particular phone I am interested in now that I am looking at but it seems to be a t-mobile phone (we have AT&T) and that seller "doesn't take questions". You get redirected to a FAQ page they have set up and of course the answer I am looking for isn't there. So, anyone here know? TIA.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Are AT&T and T-Mobile phones.....

Yes and No..... The type of technology that tmobile and att use is the same its called GSM. Now Att and Tmobile use different frequencies depending on where are you ect ect.

As far as them being compatible most are....they just need unlocked. For example you can use a ATT phone on tmobile it needs "unlocked" and vise versa for tmobile. Now if they are "unlocked" they can be used with any GSM provider any where in the world. And GSM is used all over the world...thats why you can take your ATT or Tmobile phone overseas and use it and not your verzion phone because verzion uses CDMA and not GSM.

So to answer your question yes you can use a tmobile phone on ATT as long as its unlocked and same for Tmobile

Phones run on certain networks, so as long as you're on the right network you're okay. T-Mobile and AT&T are GSM, so you can use on either by simply changing the SIM card in the phone. CDMA carriers(Verizon, Virgin Mobile), use a CDMA network, where there is no card, it is just built into the phone. This makes the phone unable to switch to a GSM provider like AT&T.

Therefore, the SIM card you put in the phone is really what designates whether you are AT&T or T-Mobile.

Make Sense?

-Burnsie

Damnit! You were too fast for me CrakkaJakka.

-B

(Lebanon County)

You absolutely made my day!! (of course my husband is going to be PISSED when he finds out he could've gotten the t-mobile wing! LMAO!!!)

I did know about needing to get one that was unlocked but thank you for explaining it anyway. I'd have been pissed if I hadn't known and had bought something I couldn't use.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    You absolutely made my day!! (of course my husband is going to be PISSED when he finds out he could've gotten the t-mobile wing! LMAO!!!)

I did know about needing to get one that was unlocked but thank you for explaining it anyway. I'd have been pissed if I hadn't known and had bought something I couldn't use.

If you r husband is going to get a smart phone you may want to get a ATT phone just to take advantage of their 3g data services since hes going to be checking email and surfing the web ect. 3g blow EDGE connections out of the water

Check out the Nokia E71....sexy

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by crakkajakka15 View Post
    Now if they are "unlocked" they can be used with any GSM provider any where in the world. And GSM is used all over the world...thats why you can take your ATT or Tmobile phone overseas and use it and not your verzion phone because verzion uses CDMA and not GSM.
    GSM is used all over the world. But our standard is not the same as "overseas".
    To be able to use a USA GSM phone overseas it needs to be a quad band phone.
    I know this first hand. I bought an unlocked quad Razr on ebay for a trip to Europe.
    I also bought before I left a cheapy Nokia Tmobile (just for the sim) phone at Walmart.
    At the Dublin airport I bought a prepaid sim. Popped it in the Razr and it worked. Popped it in the Nokia, no signal.

SFN, you want an unlocked phone.
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Delaware County)

me loves my blackberry...you can practically work from it.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    me loves my blackberry...you can practically work from it.
    iPhone > Blackberry.......I had one blackberry 8700 .....ummm never again...worst phone ever

(Armstrong County)

I use a BlackJack II on AT&T and like the 3G
    BlackJack II was on sale at Best buy for $35.00 and a 1yr extension to my contract.

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast