Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default LTCF Statistics?

Does anyone have LTCF stats for PA? how many are issued currently or last year? or a break down how many in Delaware county, Montogomry County , and Chester County?
    I have gotten involdbed in a few things with my Local School district with funding of programs. Its getting hard to with all the republican bashing that goes on But today one of the leaders stated that All so well known Guns kill and should be banned and Ammo should be serial numbered for Verification... Its stupid and i was not the first to jump in about it. it was then brought up about Colorado shooting. AUGHHH..... and then Straw purcheses..... But when ever anyone stated a statistic or fact the comment has been where did you get thoughs stats the NRA or some Gun Club??? I remember someone a while ago (years maybe) showing me stats on LTCF % and it was shocking Its like 1 per every 6 or so people. I want to verify and then Point to it and say here is where it is on such and such site.... Any help would be appricatated.

(York County)

Default Re: LTCF Statistics?

Here... http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...ml#post2117628

And here is a link to the Pennsylvania State Police page containing those statistics... http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...&css=L2&mode=2

Last edited by Curmudgeon; August 24th, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Delaware County)

Oh wow. well though stats I had in my head are WRONG!. glad I didnt say or post them.

Sad that Delaware, chester and montgomry countys are all so LOW. Only one lower then us is Philly.

Last fall I did a presentation on "Will stricter gun control laws reduce homicide". I had to present both sides of the argument evenly with no agenda when presenting them. I found all the facts I could on homicide that involved a firearm. To my astonishment, I was quite surprised with all the contradictory and erroneous information in regards to why we need stricter gun control. There is so much bullshit put out by the Brady campaign and other leftist organizations about firearm crimes. They blatantly lie about laws, availability of specific types or firearms, and rarely give you actual figures of homicide. Instead, they give you a percentage.

What I found that NICS checks were at an all time high in 2010 while homicide was at a 10 year low. Mostly because recidivism is much lesser than it has been in the past (people are figuring out that crime doesn't pay), but the "Armed society is a polite society" phrase did hold true for a good part of that. My main source with the FBI Database and Interpol's data base.

Did you immediately question the intellect of the person who suggested serializing rounds then proceed to call them ignorant to the world? One of the dumber things I've ever heard of.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(York County)

With about 12 million residents in PA and about 800,000 LTCFs issued, that puts us at about 1 in 12 has their LTCF. That does not take into account the number of PA LTCFs issued to out-of-state residents, which would decrease the avg no LTCFs per PA resident. Of course, it also doesn't allow for the licenses/permits that PA residents may have from other states but not PA.

Also, I remember reading somewhere (don't believe I have the link) that there are about 8 million folks in the USA with some sort of carry license. This was an FBI stat. That means that fully 10% of all the carry licenses in the US come from PA alone.

Not bad for a north east state.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Delaware County)

Poster 1 ..Background checks for guns, and an assault weapons ban. That's the solution, and anyone against that is asking for more violence.

Poster 2 When you have to present more ID to vote than to buy an assault weapon, it's a problem.

Poster 1 PREACH.

Poster 3 you do need a background check to get a gun... you have to go through the atf?!

Poster 2 Don't believe that's true in every state.

Poster 1 Watch Living for 32 and then get back to me.

Poster 3 in the state of pennsylvania it is true and it's true in every state when you go to buy a gun they have to call the atf

Poster 3 i would know i've witnessed purchases of weapons in multiple states....

Poster 1 That's the law on the books, but the law is not executed

Poster 1 Have you witnessed the sale of weapons in the illegal manner that happens ALL THE TIME? No. But it does happen. Watch the movie.

Poster 2 I am mistaken - I was thinking of weapon permit, registrations, and everything else that also matters.

Poster 3 yeah legally obtained weapons are not the problem it's criminals getting people to buy the weapons for them

Poster 1 The people selling the guns illegally are the criminals. They should be locked up with the killers.

Poster 3 and if you look into weapons with a high LEGAL gun ownership rate and their crime rates you'd be surprised at how low it is and how their crimes are mostly non-violent

Poster 1 Where did you get that statistic? The NRA? Weapons perpetuate violence

Poster 4 background checks and licensing for BULLETS. You have any idea how easy it is to buy bullets? Imagine how much it would help law enforcement to have a way to track every single bullet bought in this country...

Poster 1 I agree poster 4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuX-nFmL0IIChris Rock on Gun Control
    Chris Rock delivers his own message on belief in Gun Control..

Poster 1 The Colorado shooting was caused by easy access to bullets....you're totally right.

Poster 3 and usually how that happens is that a person with a clean record goes into a gun store and buys a weapon and then they illegally sell it to the criminal... and i agree if you're going to be a scum bag you should be locked up like one, it ...
    ruins the rights of people who are law abiding citizens... and no i didn't get it from the NRA i looked into myself.... i wanted to know how safe an area i was looking to move to, and i saw that their crime rate was a fraction of DELCO which i would consider a safe place, and i wondered why so i looked into other factors such as income and other socioeconomic factors, and the only difference really was that they had a high gun ownership rate....

Poster 4 Poster3, what you were talking about is called a straw purchase, and Philly has a law that charges the legal gun purchaser with the same crimes as the illegal gun owner/user.

Poster 3 i am fully aware that's what it's called... but that's how it mainly happens....

Poster 5 You know, I saw an advertisement for a Gun show on a SEPTA bus stop. Its really sad that we promote violence...especially at bus stops

ME Dislike, real statistics. Go get them and learn on both cases. Guns and bullets are the tools used by bad people. But far less then knives and blunt improvised weapons. You brought up Colorado.. Did you read where he stated that he choo...se the movie theater because it was in a gun free zone? That he felt "safe" and would be Unopposed. Bad people do bad things with what they have. He is a sick man who did terrible things. Back round checks to make sure someone is not a criminal yes. The bullet idea is insane, have you seen a bullet? Take what you think of a bullet and the round tip. Is all that is "fired" from a gun. 90% are lead or copper coated lead. So when it hits just about anything it starts to deform. If it goes in and stops in soft material they can some time match makings from it, if it hits anything solid. It's splinters and is lost to the world. So they can't "mark and track them" as easy as it seems, yes straw purchases do happen and it sucks and the people who do that and are caught are criminals all the same and can't do it again

ME I would love to sit here and say ban them all and we all will be safe but it's not gonna happen cuz the bad guys will do what every they can to get them.

(Delaware County)

Only thing i changed was the names in the postings to protect the ID of everyone for that site I am the Blue at the bottom.

(Berks County)

The lack of common sense is just astounding.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.