Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default Millennium Pro .40 consistency?

The PT140 is a 3.3” barrel CCW, so I don’t expect it to wow me at the target range.
    But does anyone have one and how tight are your groups?

What kind of accuracy and consistency can I expect from the pistol and how much of my group size is my ability?

I have been shooting rifles, shotguns, and bows since I could walk but I am fairly new to pistols, so my pistol technique is lacking.
    I was seeing consistent improvement after each shooting session until the last 2 times out, which went very poorly.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Millennium Pro .40 consistency?

If I do my part, my PT140 will put out a fist sized group at 10 yards and a soccer ball sized group at 25. This is more due to me sucking than anything else - I get tighter groups with my XD-40, but not by much.

I've had good days and bad days - past few times to the range have been my first experiences at outdoor ranges. Freezing my posterior off while shooting contributed a bit to my bad shooting.....I hope.

I'll see if I can snap a shot of my target from my last outing when I get home.
    KnightZero - Zombie Killing Mercenary Watchman for hire. Will work for food.

http://kn1ght-z3r0.livejournal.com/tag/firearms - My firearms, and my ramblings on the Open Carry Movement.

(Washington County)

A lot of people report their Gen 3 (Heini strait 8 sights) PT140 shooting 4” low at about 10yrds. Do you have this problem with yours?

Mine originally shot 4” low 2-3” left. This was confirmed by 4 different shooters.
    The dove tail sights made left-right adjustment easy, but it remains 4” low.

A friend of mine shoots a Springfield 1911, when I shoot this I do not shoot low. So, I would like to think the 4” low is not from me jerking.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Scorpion View Post
    A lot of people report their Gen 3 (Heini strait 8 sights) PT140 shooting 4” low at about 10yrds. Do you have this problem with yours?

Mine originally shot 4” low 2-3” left. This was confirmed by 4 different shooters.
    The dove tail sights made left-right adjustment easy, but it remains 4” low.

A friend of mine shoots a Springfield 1911, when I shoot this I do not shoot low. So, I would like to think the 4” low is not from me jerking.
    Ditto with me on the heine straight 8's. But they are designed to be point of aim sights, meaning the front sight should be covering the target, not under like standard sites.
    I changed mine out to williams firesites, have yet to fire with them but much prefer how much brighter they are in low light conditions.