Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default run in with the law....

So hear is the story....

My Friend was driving his truck and we were on our way to play volleyball at the local community building. I myself has an license to carry concealed and my friend does not. We arrived and I left my firearm inside the truck in the center console. After about an hour of playing he left to run to the nearest gas station to pick up drink which is only about 1/2 mile down the road. On the way back in front of the community building an officer pulled him over for his tires on his truck sticking out to far. I was watching from the building and remember my firearm was in the center so i walked to them and explained to the officer i had a handgun in the truck and it was mine and my wallet was on the front seat with my permit in it. he took the gun and said he would place it back on the seat when he was finished.

At then end of the traffic stop he proceeded to tell me he was going to keep my firearm and i could pick it up in the morning at the station because I was not in the truck and my friend does not have is LTC. So the next day i call the police station and he tells me he can not give it back and they are going to revoke my CWP and i would have to make an appeal. I am so upset by this whole thing after he told me he would be a big deal.

Any thoughts from anyone?????

The officer told me everything would be fine and he understood why i had to leave it in the car because i could not take it in while playing volleyball. He explained to myself and friend there would be no charges and we have nothing to worry about. My friend got a ticket for his tires and told me again no big deal with firearm and i could get it in the morning. like i said when i called he said he had to do what his boss told him to and now dealing with all this. It was a local officer.
    Last edited by adidas4862; March 26th, 2009 at 11:18 PM.

Default Re: run it with the law about open carry....

Wow not even sure where to start on this one. First how is it a run in with the law over open carry? Second I'd say your friend is probably gonna catch a gun charge, and you should(IMO) rightfully loose your LTCF.

and third, I hope you are trolling and this didn't really happen

(Bucks County)

Short answer: Get a lawyer, and good luck with that. I don't have a clue where to tell you to start, but someone will be along shortly who has answers better than mine. Again, good luck.

(Luzerne County)

1) What does this have to do with "open carry"?
    2) Why on God's earth did you volunteer the info that you had a firearm in the vehicle (unlawfully for your friend under the circumstances)? You hung your friend and possiby your LTCF.
    3) Get an attorney.
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; March 26th, 2009 at 11:19 PM.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    ... and you should(IMO) rightfully loose your LTCF.
    Why, because he left his firearm in a vehicle someplace he couldn't carry it?

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Why, because he left his firearm in a vehicle someplace he couldn't carry it?
    Because he knowingly let someone drive off with it that he knew couldn't legally carry it.

(York County)

It could have been seen as soon as the officer shined his light in the car. That's why i told him it was there. Again i was riding in the car with my friend and had it sitting there. Unknown to me he went to get a drink up the road not realizing the gun was there when he left without me. Neither of us are getting in trouble for the gun they are just going to try and revoke my LTC. I didn't know he left until i saw him come back from the gas station and get pulled over.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    Because he knowingly let someone drive off with it that he knew couldn't legally carry it.
    I don't think it's been established that he knew his friend was leaving (at the time).
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by adidas4862 View Post
    It could have been seen as soon as the officer shined his light in the car. That's why i told him it was there. Again i was riding in the car with my friend and had it sitting there. Unknown to me he went to get a drink up the road not realizing the gun was there when he left without me. Neither of us are getting in trouble for the gun they are just going to try and revoke my LTC. I didn't know he left until i saw him come back from the gas station and get pulled over.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I don't think it's been established that he knew his friend was leaving (at the time).

Seems I was wrong on that assumption, but really I'm not sure that the situation of having your keys, and car taken without you knowing when responsible for a firearm are much better. All my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by adidas4862 View Post
    So hear is the story....

My Friend was driving his truck and we were on our way to play volleyball at the local community building. I myself has an license to carry concealed and my friend does not. We arrived and I left my firearm inside the truck in the center console. After about an hour of playing he left to run to the nearest gas station to pick up drink which is only about 1/2 mile down the road. On the way back in front of the community building an officer pulled him over for his tires on his truck sticking out to far. I was watching from the building and remember my firearm was in the center so i walked to them and explained to the officer i had a handgun in the truck and it was mine and my wallet was on the front seat with my permit in it. he took the gun and said he would place it back on the seat when he was finished.

At then end of the traffic stop he proceeded to tell me he was going to keep my firearm and i could pick it up in the morning at the station because I was not in the truck and my friend does not have is LTC. So the next day i call the police station and he tells me he can not give it back and they are going to revoke my CWP and i would have to make an appeal. I am so upset by this whole thing after he told me he would be a big deal.

Any thoughts from anyone?????
    Did you r freind give the cop permission to go in to the truck ???
    Was it in plain site ???
    If it was covered why did you bring it up
    Dude get a lawyer do not talk to the cop
    Tell you friend to do the same and get a lawyer this could get messy
    To carry a loaded gun in a vehicle ( guys correct me if i am wrong )you need to have a gun permit
    Not a lawyer and didn’t play one on TV
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson - Commonplace Book 1774-1776

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast