Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LTCF ??????

(Delaware County)

Default LTCF ??????

Who else is waiting for DELCO to get on the stick? I am at 38 days.
    I can frame a house in 10 days. Bought a gun in 10 minutes. What is their problem? Northhampton County LTCF in 8 days.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: LTCF ??????

Quote Originally Posted by SauerGrapes View Post
    Who else is waiting for DELCO to get on the stick? I am at 38 days.
    I can frame a house in 10 days. Bought a gun in 10 minutes. What is their problem? Northhampton County LTCF in 8 days.
    It is my opinion that the DELCO SO makes a point to drag the entire process out as long as the law allows and then some. Occasionally, I have heard of someone getting their LTCF in 30-40 days but 40-60 seems to be much more common.

A contributing factor to the delay is that the SO has added their own steps to the prescribed process. It seems that they usually call the applicants employer and local police department. I do not believe that either of these steps are included in the law.

Good luck with your LTCF.

(Delaware County)

sauergrapes...did u get it let .i put my in about 3 or 4 week ago but I know that I'm going to be waiting a long time . there are a lot of people putting them in right now there was like 3 or 4 guys in there when I was there . did anyone see the daily time a few week ago targetmaster was in it . it said that like 300 apps where put in just in feb I think that's y it taking them so long . and they do say 45 bussiness day that's like 9 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by allananthony84 View Post
    sauergrapes...did u get it let .i put my in about 3 or 4 week ago but I know that I'm going to be waiting a long time . there are a lot of people putting them in right now there was like 3 or 4 guys in there when I was there . did anyone see the daily time a few week ago targetmaster was in it . it said that like 300 apps where put in just in feb I think that's y it taking them so long . and they do say 45 bussiness day that's like 9 weeks
    The PA statute about this actually reads:

TITLE 18
    PA CRIMES CODES

§6109. Licenses.

(g) Grant or denial of license.--Upon the receipt of an application for a license to carry a firearm, the sheriff shall, within 45 days, issue or refuse to issue a license on the basis of the investigation under subsection (d) and the accuracy of the information contained in the application. If the sheriff refuses to issue a license, the sheriff shall notify the applicant in writing of the refusal and the specific reasons. The notice shall be sent by certified mail to the applicant at the address set forth in the application.
    It does not say business days, so this is taken to mean 45 calendar days.

(Delaware County)

on the first of the app it said that u will get something by mail in 45 working day

Quote Originally Posted by allananthony84 View Post
    on the first of the app it said that u will get something by mail in 45 working day
    I just looked at their online instructions and yes I see where they say 45 working days.

That is their (incorrect) interpretation of the wording as the statute says just 45 days.

Of course this is nothing new as some sheriff depts. do impose their own "rules" and interpretations concerning applying for LTCFs

Anyway, good luck in getting it soon.

(Delaware County)

that's good to know maybe ill see it sooner then I was thinking thanks for the info

(Delaware County)

I actually did get mine in about 40 calender days much too my surprise.
    Applied Feb. 27 - Recieved April 9
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Delaware County)

Time period for process could have something to do with how fast the local police dept. gets back with the record check. I suppose if one lives in the western end of the county where there is state police coverage, the wait could be a little shorter. S.O. would not contact Media Barracks for they would only refer them to the criminal records division where all applicants are checked.
    But the earlier poster was certainly correct as far as the waiting periods being different from county to county. Some sheriff offices issue the permit within a few days. Delco is more like Philly than the upstate counties.

(Delaware County)

I just applied for mine wednesday, got there near closing but they were nice and let me apply then. When i was done they said 45 business days.

On a side note when i got there near closing there was one person finishing their application, 2 more came to try to apply, but were after 3:30, and 2 to pick up (the ones to pick up that were after 3:30 weren't turned away, the ladies working there said lately they've been spending so much time doing gun permits they get maybe an hour for their other work.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast