Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Glock sight tool?

Anyone have a sight tool for the rear Glock sights that I could borrow or rent? I've got the old sights off and the new front sight on, but need to press the new rear sight in place.

I was able to drift the old Ameriglow rear sight on, but the Trijicon one is too tight to drift with a dowel and hammer.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Glock sight tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep274 View Post
    Anyone have a sight tool for the rear Glock sights that I could borrow or rent? I've got the old sights off and the new front sight on, but need to press the new rear sight in place.

I was able to drift the old Ameriglow rear sight on, but the Trijicon one is too tight to drift with a dowel and hammer.
    Can you file down the new Trij sight a smidge to get it to fit?

I installed XS sights on my G26 with a dowel and BFH no problem. Seriously, I pounded the mothers to get then in there and no problems years later.
    So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
    Can you file down the new Trij sight a smidge to get it to fit?

I installed XS sights on my G26 with a dowel and BFH no problem. Seriously, I pounded the mothers to get then in there and no problems years later.
    I could do that, but I would rather that be my last resort. I tried the wood dowel and BFH, but it just wasn't getting the job done. The Trijicon sights are made to be a tight fit. My old Ameriglow fit snug, but they also used a set screw in the top of them.

(Allegheny County)

i rigged up my own sight pusher using a vice and a brass punch.

i clamped the slide to one of the jaws of the vice (put a rag between the slide and vice jaws to protect the slide finish). put some blocks of wood under it to help stabalize it.

then i take a brass punch and hold it with one hand so one end is on the sight and one end is on the other jaw of the vice.

then slowly close the vice while holding the punch in place with your hand (have to go slow and make sure to keep the punch from "popping" out).

i've installed a few meproligh sights this way and it has worked fine for me. you might want to give it a try if you cannot get hold of a real sight pusher.

(oh, wear eye protection just in case the punch pops out of your hand and hits you in the eye or something...not likely, but ya never know.)
    F*S=k

(Bucks County)

Thanks for the reply LittleRedToyota. I'll see what I can rig up on the vise to do that.