Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default crimson trace vs arma laser

Well guys now that I have me P3at I was at Hakes playing with the Crimson trace lasers. Im really thinking about putting one on my pistol. I like the target acquisition that it gives you in the dark and since the P3at has little tiny itty bitty sights that i cant see very good.
    So anyone have either of these? The arma laser is $50 cheaper than the crimson trace but if im going to spend the money on one I want the best. I know I know , its a pocket/belly gun why a laser?.........because I want one , lol
    No longer posting

Default Re: crimson trace vs arma laser

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    Well guys now that I have me P3at I was at Hakes playing with the Crimson trace lasers. Im really thinking about putting one on my pistol. I like the target acquisition that it gives you in the dark and since the P3at has little tiny itty bitty sights that i cant see very good.
    So anyone have either of these? The arma laser is $50 cheaper than the crimson trace but if im going to spend the money on one I want the best. I know I know , its a pocket/belly gun why a laser?.........because I want one , lol
    I'd go Crimson. My reasoning is I havent heard much about arma laser and Crimson is basically the top brand on the market along with Lasermax.
    Reputation is what I strive for.

Before I got rid of my P32 I had an ARMALASER on it. Kept it from printing in my pocket, was nice to have >7yds & was sooooo "tactikool." lol

It did what I wanted it to do: Helped me point shoot. Last resort to lethal response when someone sees a red dot on their chest.

Pros: Activated instantly when finger inserted into trigger housing; master on/off switch; Reasonably priced

Cons: Windage only adjustment; battery replacement=taking it off of your weapon.

Good luck finding a holster though. Get the side mounted clip & use loctite when you install it. If you're using a mag extension (Not+1-they're junk. The pinky rest) it's easier to find purchase on the weapon when it's "clipped" IWB.
    Last edited by Sharpshooter9x19; March 26th, 2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: "bubba" spell check.....

My wife has a Ruger with a CT laser.....great set up.. I use it as a BUG whenever I can.

(Lancaster County)

after playing with the crimson trace today yet again i ordered a armalaser tonight, lol. i think the armalaser will hold up better.it seems tougher. will give a report when i get it.
    No longer posting

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    after playing with the crimson trace today yet again i ordered a armalaser tonight, lol. i think the armalaser will hold up better.it seems tougher. will give a report when i get it.
    Don't get the "Hold up better" mention!! Good luck with it. I have outfitted my carry pistols with Crimson Trace all the way. Nothing to worry about, and grip activated! AND, it fits the holsters I currently have. PPK, 60 and 36.

But let me know what you find... I did notice that the Armalasers were dollar to dollar priced less.. But who can put a price on safety, right?
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Lackawanna County)

I have a CT on my XD45, adjustable for windage and elevation. I thought it might make the grip a lttle chunky, but it actually makes clean draw/grip easier.

Mine is adjusted so that the trace hits exactly the aim point at 7 yards, which means that if my sights are on target at that range, I can't see the dot. (I set my sites zero at 7 yards, 6 o'clock at 25, and the CT matches that.)
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Lancaster County)

being that i carry in my back pocket and sit on my gun off and on all day i opted for the armalaser. It just seemed tougher. although the crimson was really nice i went with the ugly strong looking one. ill see how i like it and if i dont ill sell it and get the CT.
    No longer posting

I spent many hours studying the Armalaser and comparing it to other solutions out there, and thought it to be the best choice. I ordered an Armalaser for my new P3AT in late May. It arrived the first week of June. I still haven't fired the gun, wanting to get the new sighting system installed before having to pop off several boxes of ammo to learn how to aim it. Now it's late July.

The Armalaser for P3AT has a serious design flaw that the company will not acknowledge or address. The bracket system that is supposed to hold the laser on the gun is mismatched to the pins that go through the unit and through the pistol. It requires several hundred pounds of force to press the pins through the bracket, an assembly step that should be done before shipping it to the customer. A machine shop quoted me $150 to build a special plate to hold the bracket while pressing the pins through so that the bracket and pins aren't damaged by all the pressure necessary. That's more than the Armalaser costs new!

Last week, after waiting a week for a reply, Rick at Armalaser promised that a technician would call me to discuss the problem and make suggestions about how to attach it to a P3AT without damage. A week later, and still nothing. Gun dealers I have since spoken to recommend against installing an Armalaser on a P3AT or P32 because the potential to damage the pistol. KelTec does not support their use either.

I've been a gun lover for 35 years, and this is without a doubt the worst misrepresentation of a product I have ever seen. Do yourself a favor and forget about Armalaser as a viable solution for laser sighting. I cannot recommend any other laser sight for the P3AT, but I can say for sure that this one is definitely not something you want to mess with.

(Lancaster County)

mine went together just fine. i put a drop of lube on each pin and with lite taps of a small hammer they went right in. i eye sighted it in at home and took it to the range a couple of weeks later. shooting at 10 yards it was dead on. i carry it everyday and still love it. great product.
    No longer posting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast