Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Gouldsboro SGL 127 rifle/pistol range clean up

I saw this post on the Monroe Co. subforum.

http://forum.pafoa.org/monroe-49/514...oro-range.html

I haven't been there since last fall but it concerns me. I had a conversation w/ one of PAGC's engineers a while back and got the impression that PAGC may be contemplating closing the range due to 1) lack of up-keep and 2) large # of people shooting high capacity w/ the occasional full auto. (not a bad thing in general, but a no-no on game lands)

I was wondering if anyone would be interested either this weekend or next having a PAFOA meet-n-greet for Wayne/Monroe to clean up the range at the end of the day.

I'll be glad to bring some garbage bags and some leaf rakes.

Checking the forecast, it's supposed to rain from mid-day saturday through sunday. Maybe early Saturday would be OK. We could work around the shooters and clean while people are hanging their targets. Maybe get some weekenders to contribute also.

Lemme know.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Gouldsboro SGL 127 rifle/pistol range clean up

How did this go? I can help this Sat. if someone wants to join me.

(Wayne County)

It didn't. I never got any responses for help. For me, the next two weekends are booked. Maybe sometime in May.

Or, it could be possible that we do it some evening during the mid-week. Might actually be preferable since it will interfere less w/ folks that come out on the weekends since the weekends there are always packed.

If we get some warm bodies, it's as easy a picking a date.

(Wayne County)

I'll be going here tomorrow (Sunday 4/5) at around 0900-0915 when the wife and kids go to church. I'll have a couple of leaf rakes and some garbage bags if anyone else wants to turn out to lend a hand.

Range isn't supposed to be open for business until 1200 on Sundays according to PAGC

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/p...egulations.pdf

This way we won't be disrupting too many shooters.

Hope to meet some folks.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I'll be going here tomorrow (Sunday 4/5) at around 0900-0915 when the wife and kids go to church. I'll have a couple of leaf rakes and some garbage bags if anyone else wants to turn out to lend a hand.

Range isn't supposed to be open for business until 1200 on Sundays according to PAGC

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/p...egulations.pdf

This way we won't be disrupting too many shooters.

Hope to meet some folks.
    Don't go by that. I believe SGL #127 is okay to shoot at beginning at 8am. I know SGL #206 is that way too.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    Don't go by that. I believe SGL #127 is okay to shoot at beginning at 8am. I know SGL #206 is that way too.
    Nope! PAGC regs are stapled ALL OVER the benches. At least at the pistol range. 0800 Mon-Sat, 1200-Sun.

Well, the pistol range isn't immaculate, but I at least made a dent in it. I hauled away five 13 gallon garbage bags of shotgun shell, some spent brass, and misc. pieces of plastic from ammo boxes. Plus one bag of old targets and cardboard ammo boxes.

There was a young gent by way of Towamensing Trails by the name of Cain (or Kane?) who lent a hand. If you found the website, thanks again for the help, buddy.

I was thinking of possibly making this a monthly thing. Say, the first Sunday morning of the month. Any takers? Possibility of catching breakfast at the L&J restaurant before/after.

I also took some time to run some rounds through the new PF9. SWEEEEET! She fed Winchester white box, Remington and American Eagle equally well. I shot over 100 rounds and didn't have a single issue. I finally only quit 'cuz the arthritis in my thumbs acted up.

(Luzerne County)

They may have changed the times for this range, or maybe they always were noon on Sunday as I don't go to this range often.

The SGL #206 is open for shooting at 8am on Sunday.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Well, the pistol range isn't immaculate, but I at least made a dent in it. I hauled away five 13 gallon garbage bags of shotgun shell, some spent brass, and misc. pieces of plastic from ammo boxes. Plus one bag of old targets and cardboard ammo boxes.

I was thinking of possibly making this a monthly thing. Say, the first Sunday morning of the month. Any takers? Possibility of catching breakfast at the L&J restaurant before/after.
    Hey. I saw what you posted about cleaning up the Gouldsboro range. Think that was great (I just came to the forums so I am a little behind). I just moved to Gouldsboro in the winter and will only be here for a short time, but I still plan on stopping by there from time to time when the weather starts clearing up (Work in Swiftwater, but live in Scranton, so it kind of on the way). Should you ever need a hand, please drop me a PM. I work 3rd shift, so stopping over anytime during the day is no problem.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by iPandemic View Post
    Hey. I saw what you posted about cleaning up the Gouldsboro range. Think that was great (I just came to the forums so I am a little behind). I just moved to Gouldsboro in the winter and will only be here for a short time, but I still plan on stopping by there from time to time when the weather starts clearing up (Work in Swiftwater, but live in Scranton, so it kind of on the way). Should you ever need a hand, please drop me a PM. I work 3rd shift, so stopping over anytime during the day is no problem.
    Sounds good. Thanks for the offer.

In holding with my last post, the first Sunday of next month would be May 3rd. I'll pencil that in for around 0930.

All are welcome.

(Wayne County)

This Sunday, 5/3, is the first Sunday of the month.

Anyone interested in helping out w/ a range clean up around 0930?

I've got 2 leaf rakes and a new box of garbage bags.

Forecast is for partly sunny high of 63. Bring bug dope and/or head net. The black flies are absolute BASTARDS this spring!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast