Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nah it's not bad out there ... we just need fairgrounds to house the newly homeless

Yikes, tell you what. This is starting to look a hell of a lot more like a depression than a recession ... it's so bad in Ca. that governor Schwarzenegger has opened California fairgrounds to the homeless:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...efer=worldwide

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Nah it's not bad out there ... we just need fairgrounds to house the newly homele

When I left Argentina for the US, I hoped I would never have to see another Villa Miseria
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Default Re: Nah it's not bad out there ... we just need fairgrounds to house the newly homele

Last time they were called Hooverville. Might they be called Obamaburbs this time? Shanty towns by any name are a sign of the times.

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    When I left Argentina for the US, I hoped I would never have to see another Villa Miseria
    Quote Originally Posted by stephpd View Post
    Last time they were called Hooverville. Might they be called Obamaburbs this time? Shanty towns by any name are a sign of the times.
    Tell you what, makes me damn glad for what I have and twice as committed to keeping it ....

(Philadelphia County)

==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Tell you what, makes me damn glad for what I have and twice as committed to keeping it ....
    Same here. I've worked my way through the blue collar jobs in the city. Now I work in a depession proof job supplying potable water to the residents. As a plant operator I'm making more money and working more hours now then I did busting my butt as a mechanic.

I figure most folks will do without plenty of things but need water. With just being short an operator or two I'm working over 64 hours a week. I'll fill in and make myself less dispensable to the company.

Quote Originally Posted by stephpd View Post
    Same here. I've worked my way through the blue collar jobs in the city. Now I work in a depession proof job supplying potable water to the residents. As a plant operator I'm making more money and working more hours now then I did busting my butt as a mechanic.

I figure most folks will do without plenty of things but need water. With just being short an operator or two I'm working over 64 hours a week. I'll fill in and make myself less dispensable to the company.
    Wish I could say the same but my my and Tootie's businesses are struggling ... BUT at the same time there's a lot of other things I can do and if need be we will do them.

(Montgomery County)

CA was particularly hard hit with unemployment coupled with their state's deficit and the de facto shut down of many state operations I hope its confined there.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom ... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar View Post
    CA was particularly hard hit with unemployment coupled with their state's deficit and the de facto shut down of many state operations I hope its confined there.
    Well expect to see it soon in NJ, the other day they were saying on the news that the unemployment rate in Trenton is 17% and in Newark it is approaching 19% ... gonna be an UGLY summer!

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

I wonder what the coorilation between tax rate and unemployment rate is. Maybe we could learn a lesson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast