Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Belly Band for CC

Has anyone had any experience with the Belly Band holster? I'm ready to take the required class here in Minnesota for my permit to carry, and after it is completed, I plan on CC'ing a sub compact 9mm. I have given this subject much thought, and came to the conclusion that I want IWB carry, but do not want the bulk of a standard holster. I saw the BB in a Cheaper Than Dirt magazine, and figured that would be the way to go. So, I am here to see what others think about this holster in particular. Thanks in advance.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Belly Band for CC

I have one by Jay Pee. It's much more comfortable to me then an IWB or any other way I've found to conceal. You either have to wear 2 t-shirts or a hoodie or something along those lines to conceal it without trying to pass it off as a back brace. The holster pouch is very stretchy so it holds a wide variety of pistols. Works well with my Sig P6, but when I had a XD subcompact that fit in with no problem too. As you would be trying to conceal a bulge in an area where there normally aren't bulges, go for a thinner pistol and the pocket on a hoody helps conceal that it's there. The one main downside is the fact that the strap to retain the pistol is velcro, so a quick draw while it's retained isn't really possible. The elastic does tend to hold it pretty well without the velcro strap, so it should be pretty safe, but I don't trust it unstrapped unless I'm not moving (like sitting still while driving).

(Delaware County)

I've got two of them. The orginal Belly Band and the one from Galco.
    The Galco is about $10 more but it's built better. It has leather guards on the pockets.
    I think their great. I have written a couple articles on them in other forums.
    Their best feature is that you can wear it wherever you want. In any position.
    You can wear it at 12, 1,2,3,4,5, etc... or crossdraw. It is extremely versatile.
    It holds whatever gun, very tight to the body. You can wear it high or low. Obviously, regular holsters, although they can be switched around a little, can only be worn at the same height.
    And since it is a strap, it will even help your back if you have problems.
    In fact, I'm probably going to get another one since I have put on weight and the others are getting too tight.
    Notice I didn't say I would lose weight so they would fit better.
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy too carry (unknown author)

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I think I might look at the Galco one. I plan to carry year round, and the band seems like a good choice for winter/cooler weather. Summertime, however, might be an issue. I don't want to wear a hoodie in 90 degree weather. Most of the time, I wear jeans and a plain t-shirt during the warm months. That said, do you have any recommandations besides the band?

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sleazy-E View Post
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I think I might look at the Galco one. I plan to carry year round, and the band seems like a good choice for winter/cooler weather. Summertime, however, might be an issue. I don't want to wear a hoodie in 90 degree weather. Most of the time, I wear jeans and a plain t-shirt during the warm months. That said, do you have any recommandations besides the band?
    That would all depend on what you normally wear, your body build, and the type and size of the pistol you're trying to conceal. I normally OC, but when I have to CC the belly band is the only one I've found to work well for me. That being said, I do have a back injury and someone seeing me with a back brace on is not all that uncommon. The uncle mike's ones I've seen have all been white, but my JP is black. I don't know about the Galco, though. There are quite a few options, but if you don't want to wear a bloused shirt or a jacket, that would leave smart carry, a pocket holster, or wearing it on the ankle. You'll find people that are fans of all of those. If you have a thinner semi-auto, the pocket carry is IMHO the most comfortable with the quickest draw of those three.

(Delaware County)

As I posted earlier, the Band is very versatile. Here are some photos.
    Take note that I have a white t-shirt on and it doesn't print at all.

You can also see in one photo how low you can wear it. Although this low may hinder grabbing the butt cleanly, it is still an option.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy too carry (unknown author)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sleazy-E View Post
    I just got an IWB holster for my M&P .45c from KHOLSTER. It's a really nice holster, totally customizable with carry height and cant. I can carry with just a t-shirt, and you wouldn't be able to tell it's there. With a little work I can even hide it with my shirt tucked in. The holster itself isn't the most attractive, but no one is gonna see it anyway. And for the price you just can't beat it. I love it.

www.kholster.com

If you(or anyone else) decides to buy one, let me know and I can give you a discount code for a 10% rebate

(Perry County)

I also have a couple and my favorite is the Galco. I have worn mine low enough that I could go shirtless and still have it concealed. That is what is great about them. They can be positioned to work with your current wardrobe.

(York County)

I wore my Taurus Model 85 UL in one over my body armor for most of my career. I wore in under my reaction side armpit. Was very comfortable. They are also very popular with Air Marshals so they are obviously comfortable.

Awesome. Thanks for all your input.

@Chase2b: Thanks for the pics, they helped a bunch!
    When seconds count, the police are usually just minutes away...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast