Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Intro to IDPA this Sat. at Holidaysburg Range

If you have ever wanted to give IDPA a try. Come join us this Saturday morning (28th) at the Holidaysburg Range at 0900 for an intro to IDPA. (Holding a Classifier at 1300 if you want to stay around and really have some fun. Don't let it scare you, just try it.)

You need to send Corey Murphy an e-mail to register. We have a couple new PAFOA members that are going to be there from what I am hearing.

Corey is a great guy, and runs a really good match. He is always trying to come up with new ways to make the shoots fun and entertaining. And he does a darn good job of this.

You don't need to be a Club member to shoot. But if you do join, the shoots are discounted $5. And you can just about get your money back by the end of the year. (Real easy to do if you shoot the USPSA matches that run the first Sat. of the month too)

Info on the shoots and contact and registration info can be found here.
    http://www.hollidaysburgsportsmensclub.com/idpa01.html

Hope to see you there.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Intro to IDPA this Sat. at Holidaysburg Range

This first match on March 28, 2009, is it just the classifier or are there going to be stages?

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by robgoedeker View Post
    This first match on March 28, 2009, is it just the classifier or are there going to be stages?
    You should send Corey an email. In the past there has been like 2 stages for the New Shooters Clinic in the A.M. but after the class it is just the Classifier with no extra stages.

mailto:coreymurphy@atlanticbb.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Brandon

(Blair County)

March 28th is just the new shooter and classifier. Our first full match of the season will be April 18th.

Thanks!
    Corey
    Glock Armorer
    IDPA
    USPSA

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    If you have ever wanted to give IDPA a try. Come join us this Saturday morning (28th) at the Holidaysburg Range at 0900 for an intro to IDPA. (Holding a Classifier at 1300 if you want to stay around and really have some fun. Don't let it scare you, just try it.)

You need to send Corey Murphy an e-mail to register. We have a couple new PAFOA members that are going to be there from what I am hearing.

Corey is a great guy, and runs a really good match. He is always trying to come up with new ways to make the shoots fun and entertaining. And he does a darn good job of this.

You don't need to be a Club member to shoot. But if you do join, the shoots are discounted $5. And you can just about get your money back by the end of the year. (Real easy to do if you shoot the USPSA matches that run the first Sat. of the month too)

Info on the shoots and contact and registration info can be found here.
    http://www.hollidaysburgsportsmensclub.com/idpa01.html

Hope to see you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmu7999321 View Post
    March 28th is just the new shooter and classifier. Our first full match of the season will be April 18th.

Thanks!
    Corey
    The Monkey will be there and I'm looking forward to it! Not sure why I'm so anxious to show everyone what a bad shot I am? Oh well I plan on having fun anyhow.
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

(Cambria County)

Wow, what a great day. Well, the weather did hold off for the 20... Yes, you read that right.... 20 new shooters that showed up today at the intro for IDPA. Corey got the info out and then off to the range. The group seemed to have a pretty good time. And there were 3 females that showed up to shoot. Looks like a good year for our IDPA shoots this year.

Chunky... Good to meet you. And I got to meet a couple other PAFOA members.

Oh, it rained on our ugly mugs for about the entire Classifier. Not a hard rain. But a good steady drizzle that soaked you to the bone if you didn't have a rain shell on. But we still had a good time.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Wow, what a great day. Well, the weather did hold off for the 20... Yes, you read that right.... 20 new shooters that showed up today at the intro for IDPA. Corey got the info out and then off to the range. The group seemed to have a pretty good time. And there were 3 females that showed up to shoot. Looks like a good year for our IDPA shoots this year.

Chunky... Good to meet you. And I got to meet a couple other PAFOA members.

Oh, it rained on our ugly mugs for about the entire Classifier. Not a hard rain. But a good steady drizzle that soaked you to the bone if you didn't have a rain shell on. But we still had a good time.
    Yep, same here Mtbski. I enjoyed myself and learned a few things (how to count, etc.). Thanks to Corey and Dan for their time and the others that helped out! I got a lot of practice to do, see you in April!

Wish I could go the the USPSA event next week but I have to go out of town on Saturday. Maybe I can go to it in April also.
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

(Blair County)

Tiff and i had fun, it was a really good time and very informative. We will be at the USPSA match on the 4th too. We were both hooked. I guess we have Dan to blame for that.
    I can take an assbeating like its nobodys business" - Doug Bryant

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAallterrain View Post
    Tiff and i had fun, it was a really good time and very informative. We will be at the USPSA match on the 4th too. We were both hooked. I guess we have Dan to blame for that.

Introduce your self next time! What group were you in? I was the one that put an extra hole in each of the targets Dan set up!

For an accountant you'd think I'd be able to count a little better.

(Bedford County)

Found this ~ IDPA Scoring for Dummies ~ last night. Thought I'd post a link for anyone who wants the check it out!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast