Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default FREE NRA MEMBERSHIP

I apologize if this was mentioned in another thread. I looked but did not see it anywhere.
    it seems the NRA is offering a free membership for one year.
    http://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus
    it certainly looks legitimate to me. If there's a catch I cant find it.
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.-Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: FREE NRA MEMBERSHIP

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlackHawk View Post
    I apologize if this was mentioned in another thread. I looked but did not see it anywhere.
    it seems the NRA is offering a free membership for one year.
    http://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus
    it certainly looks legitimate to me. If there's a catch I cant find it.
    I don't really believe what the ads say anymore. Don't get me wrong, I will always be a member. The last time I renewed I was suppose to get a little flashlight free with the renewal. That was I don't know how many months ago and no flashlight to date. They do manage to keep sending me letters asking for more money, so I know they have my address correct.

(Monroe County)

Why would they do this, the NRA is all about money and lobbying. How much do you want to bet the result of signing up is constant spam in the mail and constant phone calls for money.

Let's see
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

just use it as an opportunity to get two years for $25 I say.

(Beaver County)

I signed up...
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

(Philadelphia County)

Default Free one year membership NRA

Hey Guys
    I found this link for a free one year NRA membership and magazine subscribtion. http://nrahq.org/nrabonus/

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Why would they do this, the NRA is all about money and lobbying. How much do you want to bet the result of signing up is constant spam in the mail and constant phone calls for money.

Let's see
    Like it or not lobbying is why we are still able to enjoy most of our 2nd Amendment rights today. If you think lawmakers will simply advocate and introduce laws that are supported by the vast majority of Americans look no further than illegal immigration. The vast majority of the American public is opposed to illegal immigration and wants action on the border. Instead the popular opinion in Washington today is to enact a guest worker program with a path to citizenship which the majority vehemently oppose. Unfortunately us gun rights advocates are at a disadvantage because of criminals who unlawfully use firearms for malacious purposes. Without lobbying from pro gun groups like the NRA our politicians would have fallen prey to the populist appeal of gun grabbing arguments from Brady types.

(Lancaster County)

I signed my wife up. I'm already a member. I dont know if I could get another year for free. the form IS on the NRA website. I paid $35 this year to join. then a week later got a letter offering $25 and a tote bag. I called them and asked if I could have the tote bag and 3 weeks later it was shipped to me. I give me business line on these applications. I can tell from the Caller-ID whether to answer or not. The republican party is relentless. goes straight to VM. When I have $$ to give I go to the website and do it. They dont want to hear that.
    Anyway, I think this NRA offer is good. Maybe they want to build the numbers? You'd think they would do a $10 offer or something to cover the cost of the mag. Once you give something away, you cheapen the value and it's hard to charge for it later. We'll see if my wife gets her membership packet.
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.-Thomas Jefferson

(Lancaster County)

i rejoined the NRA this year BECAUSE of their lobbying efforts and I wanted to give my $35 to support them. My rights are important enough to me to pay someone to protect them. Strength in Numbers!! The higher that NRA membership number is, the harder these politicians will think about who they will piss off with their gun control votes. Can you imagine the power we would have if 50% of Americans were members of an organization that is pro-gun.
    Sooner or later, someone will chime is about all the bad things about the NRA. But it doesnt change the fact that they ARE the strongest and ludest voice we have.

(Philadelphia County)

I signed up.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast