Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Simple question about cert. of citizenship form

I have a quick question about the certification of citizenship form (ATF 5330.20). Who does the certification? I understand that I am line 1 but who do I have fill in line 2 and sign? Can my girlfriend do it or my CLEO or does it need notarized? I only have 2 forms total and I am doing 2 items (SBR and suppressor) and don't want to screw them up. It's my first time so it's new and strange to me...

(Berks County)

Default Re: Simple question about cert. of citizenship form

You, yourself, certify that you, yourself, are a US Citizen. Neat huh?

(Lebanon County)

most ridiculous form ever devised

(Delaware County)

Agreed. If you can purchase on an ATF-4473, then you can do a Form-1 or Form-4 as well. And the prohibited persons list is no different. So the business with the photo and fingerprint cards is also stupid. They should just use NICS.

I still don't have the fingerprint forms on card stock. Will the State Police provide those? Or should I just go ahead and use the PDF that I have? My printer does blue.

You will only need one cert. of citizenship form per NFA item you are buying.

And yes your state police agency will have the fingerprint cards. The only catch is they will probley charge you a small amount for them.

(Philadelphia County)

Wow, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I swear that I am me and not an impostor, haha. Also good to know about the State Police having the proper fingerprint cards. I no longer have to wait until my packet from BATF with my form 1s and 4s to show up (approaching a month since I ordered it) since I have found everything online and the f.p. cards can be gotten at the state barracks. I'm going to put up a new post with some suppressor questions so if any of you could share your knowledge there I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bleaman225 View Post
    Wow, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I swear that I am me and not an impostor, haha. Also good to know about the State Police having the proper fingerprint cards. I no longer have to wait until my packet from BATF with my form 1s and 4s to show up (approaching a month since I ordered it) since I have found everything online and the f.p. cards can be gotten at the state barracks. I'm going to put up a new post with some suppressor questions so if any of you could share your knowledge there I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!
    Please be aware that the SP FP cards (fd-258) might not have the correct ORI on them. More than likely, they will be for the SP address not the ATF. The ORI for NFA should read:

WVATF0800
    ATF-NFA BRANCH
    MARTINSBURG, WV

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    Please be aware that the SP FP cards (fd-258) might not have the correct ORI on them. More than likely, they will be for the SP address not the ATF. The ORI for NFA should read:

WVATF0800
    ATF-NFA BRANCH
    MARTINSBURG, WV
    I imagine someone just might use that as cause for delay too. Nuts. I ordered the FD-258 cards from ATF a while back and have been waiting and waiting.

I don't mind giving the local state police a couple bucks for the right cards. I mean the money is drowned in the noise of that $200 tax plus all the costs associated with making or purchasing NFA toys.

(Berks County)

Why not contact a local SOT and offer to throw a few bucks at him/her for some of his/her fingerprint cards?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fudmottin View Post
    I imagine someone just might use that as cause for delay too. Nuts. I ordered the FD-258 cards from ATF a while back and have been waiting and waiting.

I don't mind giving the local state police a couple bucks for the right cards. I mean the money is drowned in the noise of that $200 tax plus all the costs associated with making or purchasing NFA toys.
    Correct, if you send in FP cards with the wrong ORI, you will get your forms bounced by the ATF. Without the proper ORI, the cards will get returned to the wrong place after the FBI does the FP check. The ORI is what tells the FBI who to send the cards / info back to.

I have heard of others whiteing out the wrong ORI and putting in the correct ORI---but i have not done this myself so I can't say for sure it would work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast