Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Trijicon night sights installation cost?

Not sure this is the right forum but I figured if laser questions and info is posted here then night sight questions can go here also. Please move if needed.

In about 2 weeks or so I'm going to be getting a G19 as my main carry pistol and wanted to get Trijicon night sights for it. Does anyone have an approximate cost for installation on a G19 in the Delaware, Philadelphia, and Chester counties or anywhere else for the matter?

Just trying to figure how much I'm gonna need to shell out. I know the sights are approximately $85 to $90-something give or take.

If anyone has any input, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Trijicon night sights installation cost?

A lot of the shops will install them for free if you buy from them. I have a good relationship with my LGS so they do it for me for free even if I bought them elsewhere (twice already).

Another thought...why Trijicon? Get TFO for both day and night time clarity. I like them A LOT better on my G19/G26 compared to the Trijicon on my Kimber.

Al

(Delaware County)

Thanks for the reply. I'm most likely going to buy the G19 from SPAG on Glock day unless the price is alot higher than other shops I looked at.

The reason I'm leaning towards Trijicon is because I've read alot of reviews recommending green front sight/yellow rear sights for the best visibility. I'm considering green/green but some people say you confuse the sights.

I haven't finalized my decision yet but have read good reviews about Trijicon.

EDIT:
    After further reviewing Truglo TFO's I have found that they are now selling green/yellow night sights. Still searching reviews at this time.
    Last edited by mtp81; March 24th, 2009 at 01:26 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

I have green/green on my G21sf with no confusion. Most shops will install for free if you buy them there, even Gander Mountain will install free for buying them there. I wouldn't pay more than $20-$25 for installation.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mtp81 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I'm most likely going to buy the G19 from SPAG on Glock day unless the price is alot higher than other shops I looked at.

The reason I'm leaning towards Trijicon is because I've read alot of reviews recommending green front sight/yellow rear sights for the best visibility. I'm considering green/green but some people say you confuse the sights.

I haven't finalized my decision yet but have read good reviews about Trijicon.
    SPAG is my range. They are the ones who install my sights for free, but it's unlikely that they'll do it for anyone else who didn't buy from them. They do a really good job and I don't think it'll cost too much either. I got my G19 from them for (don't laugh) $650+ after taxes and transfers. It was my first gun and they gave both my wife and I lessons so I didn't mind. I'm not too crazy about their pistol prices, but their rifle prices are GREAT! Some consignment prices are really good too.

Back to the sights...Truglo TFO come with yellow/green combo as well. Are you sure you're not mixing up the Trijicon vs. Truglo? Whatever the case is, the confusing the sights in the same color is a myth and a wild guess from people who have never had them on their guns before. The only other word of caution is not to buy them used without knowing the production date.

I may be at SPAG earlier in the morning for Glock Day. Say hi if you see an Asian guy with long hair walking with a hot blond chick (or wife, whatever). I'll have my G26 with TFO. Bret, the Glock armorer who installs my sights for me, at the shop also has it on his G30.

Al

(Westmoreland County)

$650+... I officially appologize for the chuckle!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    SPAG is my range. They are the ones who install my sights for free, but it's unlikely that they'll do it for anyone else who didn't buy from them. They do a really good job and I don't think it'll cost too much either. I got my G19 from them for (don't laugh) $650+ after taxes and transfers. It was my first gun and they gave both my wife and I lessons so I didn't mind. I'm not too crazy about their pistol prices, but their rifle prices are GREAT! Some consignment prices are really good too.

Back to the sights...Truglo TFO come with yellow/green combo as well. Are you sure you're not mixing up the Trijicon vs. Truglo? Whatever the case is, the confusing the sights in the same color is a myth and a wild guess from people who have never had them on their guns before. The only other word of caution is not to buy them used without knowing the production date.

I may be at SPAG earlier in the morning for Glock Day. Say hi if you see an Asian guy with long hair walking with a hot blond chick (or wife, whatever). I'll have my G26 with TFO. Bret, the Glock armorer who installs my sights for me, at the shop also has it on his G30.

Al
    After reading lots and lots of reviews and Truglo vs Trijicon discussions, I may be leaning towards the Truglo TFO now. I wish I could see a side by side comparison of the them though. I'm not set on green/yellow, I do really like the green/green, I was just considering that since what I've read. I really don't have anything else to go by than reviews since none of my friends of family are really into pistols like me.

About the price for the G19. $650 sounds alittle steep. I was told that they would be giving discounts on Glock day but not sure how much. Miller's Gun Shop in Linwood where I got my M&P 45, is selling the G19 for $529 when I stopped by there last Friday. I'm not sure if they install night sights though.

Another option for me and one that I am possibly trying to avoid is buying the G19 and get the sights installed at Target Master. I've never had a positive experience there and don't particularly want to give them any money but I really don't know of other good shops in the area that has decent prices and installs night sights.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    $650+... I officially appologize for the chuckle!
    Only a chuckle? I was expecting loud laughters

Al

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mtp81 View Post
    After reading lots and lots of reviews and Truglo vs Trijicon discussions, I may be leaning towards the Truglo TFO now. I wish I could see a side by side comparison of the them though. I'm not set on green/yellow, I do really like the green/green, I was just considering that since what I've read. I really don't have anything else to go by than reviews since none of my friends of family are really into pistols like me.

About the price for the G19. $650 sounds alittle steep. I was told that they would be giving discounts on Glock day but not sure how much. Miller's Gun Shop in Linwood where I got my M&P 45, is selling the G19 for $529 when I stopped by there last Friday. I'm not sure if they install night sights though.

Another option for me and one that I am possibly trying to avoid is buying the G19 and get the sights installed at Target Master. I've never had a positive experience there and don't particularly want to give them any money but I really don't know of other good shops in the area that has decent prices and installs night sights.
    Philly sales tax is 7%

I have a correction to make on my previous post. My other sights are Meprolight, not Trijicon. However, they are similar in design and functions in that they do not have fiber optics for daytime "enhancement". Don't lose too much sleep over it, you will not go wrong with TFO. Every single TFO owner I know or came across is extremely happy with theirs.

As for installation cost, just factor $20 - $25 into the purchasing cost. Keep in mind that it's better to do the installation at the range, that way you'll have a chance to try it out and they'll adjust it for you if necessary.

Al

(Delaware County)

Yea, that fucking Philly sales tax.

Thanks for all your input and help, I really appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast