Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Well it finally happened Damn it!!!

On my way back from the UPS hub in York (Board road Manchester) from shipping my L framed smith Mod 586 no -, back to them for cylinder binding issues which they said was covered under warrenty i needed to stop by the local hardware store in Etters. So I get off 83 north @ Yocumtown exit come to a complete stop and turn right completely forgetting there is a no turn on red, well guess what happened next, ya red lights and siren,I pull over, put down my right window and the police officer asks the one question we all fear "do you have any weapons in the vehicle? yes sir I do, he asks what are you carrying ,to which I replied a full sized glock while pointing to under my right shoulder,he then proceeds to ask me to carefully pull it out and clear it. While doing so I lost the bullet that was "in the pipe" so to speak, handed the model 22 to him with action opened and pointed toward me and waited for about ten minutes for him to come back with my at-a-boy for the day, $110.00 for stupidity . After he hands me my, do not be stupid again paper he complements me on my safety and thanks me for being understanding about his well being.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Well it finally happened Damn it!!!

Why do they ask you to take it out? It seems to me that's MORE of a risk than asking to see your LTCF. You could have popped him in the face when you pulled it out if you were a bad guy, whereas he could see your wallet in your hand the whole time, and since most people use both hands to open their wallet and remove something from it...

Isn't there people on this board who are involved in the police force who can pass up how STUPID it is to ask people to draw their pistols out of their holsters and clear the weapon??? If an accidental discharge is going to happen, THAT is when it will happen.

camper

EDIT - Sorry about the ticket, that would suck royally.
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(York County)

I had already handed him my reg lic, proof of ins,reg and ltcf when he ask me for the weapon, I sure as hell was not going to argue with him because was being very polite as was I.

(Lancaster County)

That sucks about the ticket.

Wonder what happens if they ask someone to remove their weapon and they happily say no. If the stop isn't related to gun, and they don't have reason to believe something happened involving the gun, no reason for them to ask.

(Somerset County)

totally off the subject but birdhunter I love that pic of the girl and the gun you have! Where did you get it?

(York County)

Google is your friend

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by david1 View Post
    totally off the subject but birdhunter I love that pic of the girl and the gun you have! Where did you get it?
    LOL...funny you say that, I'm trying to figure out if it's a real girl or a Barbie doll with a GI Joe gun.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(York County)

I googled for animated avatars and could not find anything I liked real well, so I found her and guess I'll keep her for a while,or until she does me wrong .

(Lancaster County)

Back to the topic...

If an officer wanted my firearm, he would only get it via a warrant or by forcefully taking it from my holster. I would state I do not consent to him taking my firearm. After that it's on him if he decides he is gonna remove me from my vehicle and take it from my holster. I would NEVER handle my weapon like you did. That wasn't really safe at all. What happens if you lost grip of the gun and the officer misconstrued that as a threat to him, then he shoots you?

I would definitely rethink how you handled the situation for the next trip around. (Only my 2 cents)

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    Back to the topic...

If an officer wanted my firearm, he would only get it via a warrant or by forcefully taking it from my holster. I would state I do not consent to him taking my firearm. After that it's on him if he decides he is gonna remove me from my vehicle and take it from my holster. I would NEVER handle my weapon like you did. That wasn't really safe at all. What happens if you lost grip of the gun and the officer misconstrued that as a threat to him, then he shoots you?

I would definitely rethink how you handled the situation for the next trip around. (Only my 2 cents)
    I understand your point of view but, when asked by an officer of the law to surrender your gun I'll will do so, espicially for just a traffic stop.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast