Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default To know 2 people

I just looked up the Beaver sheriff website, to get a ccw in Beaver, you have to be there 90 days, not a problem...

You also have to have 2 people that live in Beaver as referance!!!

Allegheny doesnt say any thing of this sort, is this basically the same every where?
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Well, so much for your well preserved privacy about your gun ownership within the neighborhood...now that you gotta knock on thier doors for a reference!!!!

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by plr16
    Well, so much for your well preserved privacy about your gun ownership within the neighborhood...now that you gotta knock on thier doors for a reference!!!!
    PLR as little as you know me from here, you know me much more then any one in the area I live in now!!!

Ill prolly ask my supervisors at work to vouch for me, after all, I have to do a drug test periodically for employment...

The ccw permit form does not ask if you intend to move out of the region once you get it, just that you have been living there for the past 90 days. Wont be braking any law as long as I still live here while i do it. Where I go once i have it is not a concern aparently. In 5 years from now, I should know at least 2 people around Beaver .

As it is now, already 2 know we are moving there on the 15th One even remembered my name... BTW PD. station will be 400 feet to my front door, Talk about "neighbour" Protection! Ill be sure to get to know the Officers they must know of some range near there!
    Last edited by Frenchy; August 10th, 2006 at 01:39 AM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

Default Neighbour?

Quote Originally Posted by plr16 View Post
    As it turns out, one of my friends and co-workers when i was with Vector security lives a few houses down... Go figure, its a small small world.

Ill probably be going to Ambridge Sportsman's on tuesday weather permitting... Wife is also getting the jitter bug, wants to go out and shoot!

Now i just need one more person who is not a relative who i dont care if they know i have guns... plr, why dont you move to Beaver!

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

(Allegheny County)

Default CCW?

hey frenchy, I got a question you may be able to help.
    I read from our PAFOA forum thet you will be applying for a CCW from Beaver county? why is that? is the Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms permit not enough or sufficient to show the cops if apprehended? I must be doing it against the PA law with out my knowledge?
    Let me know some informations about this matter will you?
    thanks deepcharge

Quote Originally Posted by deepcharge41 View Post
    hey frenchy, I got a question you may be able to help.
    I read from our PAFOA forum thet you will be applying for a CCW from Beaver county? why is that? is the Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms permit not enough or sufficient to show the cops if apprehended? I must be doing it against the PA law with out my knowledge?
    Let me know some informations about this matter will you?
    thanks deepcharge
    Its not a Beaver Licence, it is a PA CCW problem is, you have to apply at the local Sheriff office, and each Sheriff has his rules by the looks of it.
    Allegheny's Sheriff page only says 2 references, and they dont have to be locals, also, you only have to be a resident 30 days, Beaver says resident 90 days and 2 references from the beaver Twp.

Im sure there are legal ways around it, but to the best of my knowledge, in 45 days or so when I go meet the local Police station 5 houses down the street, I will ask if they know of me, If they think i am a good "citizen" and if they would have a problem reccomending or being my sponsor.
    Unless I mess up big time and miss the curve and drive right into the police station, they will see me as bizare, I dont have a drinking problem, I dont do drugs, hold a steady job, and what better referance could one want then the Chief of police of a small community?
    If he doesnt know me by then, he will have to realize I am a law abiding citizen who keeps his nose clean.

I have the other person already, a person I used to work with who also lives on my street. I just prefer not too many people know I have guns in the house. Safer that way when your away you know.

So no your PA CCW is perfectly legal if its in the proper time frame, just that in my case, I just moved here, and was surprised that the 2 people who would say they believe i am Honest and dont cause trouble would be people who really dont know me at all. 90 Days is a short time to get to know some one

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood