Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Opinions on High Point Firearms

In my opinion, Id buy it if that was all my budget allowed.
    My best friend has had one for over a year with a ton of ammo through it.
    i can probably count on 1 hand how many jams/misfires its had.
    it was cleaned once and i think it worked better dirty!
    its pretty accurate and super durable.
    its an overall awesome value in handguns and has changed my opinion on the small/cheapie companies.
    dont worry if people give you crap; having any gun is a good thing and is one more person to join the ranks.
    an expensive gun works and is better than no gun at all!

Ok, I did a google search for some accessories for my pistol and this thread popped up. Since it's not too old I'll throw my 2 cents in here.

I own a Hi Point .380, C9 9mm, and .45. My C9 is the oldest and the one I shoot the most with roughly 2000 rounds through her. Personally I have not had one problem with this gun after the breakin period. Had a couple jams in the first 100 or so rounds, but after that I can't recall any. My .380 is the same way, built like a rock, and have had almost no problems with it.

My .45 comes into the picture to show how good the customer service and warranty department is for the Hi Points. I bought the gun brand new, took it out to the range the first day I had it, and had several Fail to fires. As this was my 3rd Hi Point I attributed it to a bad batch of ammo. Went and got some more, came back and same problem, at least 2 or 3 fail to fires out of every clip. Went home and called up the warranty department. Told them exactly what happened, and they said to ship it to them. 4 days after I shipped it from my house to them, and brand new one was delivered to me. Since then I have no problems with my 45 with about a 1000 rounds through her..

I'm very happy with my hi points. They do have a bad rap, and a lot of gun snobs will snicker at the sight of your hi point, but I can normally get tighter groups out on the range than anyone else, with my little ole cheapo gun...

As far as them being ugly, hey maybe I have bad taste, but I personally like the way they look.

But before you decide against a hi point, go check out the hi point owners forum:
    http://hipoint.7.forumer.com/index.php

There you will find nothing but hi point owners, and reviews on hi points guns..

(Columbia County)

my dad has a c-9 also and its top heavy looks like a block and is reliable as his kimber custom 45 shoots well with lots of diffrent ammo too

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by toadyoforangeville View Post
    my dad has a c-9 also and its top heavy looks like a block and is reliable as his kimber custom 45 shoots well with lots of diffrent ammo too
    /me hands over his left nut for some punctuation marks and capital letters.

"My dad has a c-9 also and its top heavy. It looks like a block and is as reliable as his kimber custom 45. It shoots well with lots of diffrent ammo too."

That's better.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    /me hands over his left nut for some punctuation marks and capital letters.

"My dad has a c-9 also and its top heavy. It looks like a block and is as reliable as his kimber custom 45. It shoots well with lots of diffrent ammo too."

That's better.
    Ummm, Napalm? Shouldn't Kimber be capitalized as well? It is, after all, the manufacturer's name.
    Last edited by billamj; May 3rd, 2007 at 04:32 PM.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Chester County)

Yup. You're right. That was all the corrections I could afford with just the one nut. I apologize.

My nuts are worth a lot more than yours!

How does the warrenty service work? Extra cost, length of time it lasts? Not trying to hi-jack, just curious . Hi-point and Glocks (used) are what I'm looking at, and I know the Glock is better, but Hi-point don't sound too bad for a first pistol if I really can't wait! Then I'll add my review

Okay, one good thing about the Highpoints is the Lifetime Warranty. Are there any other high quality manufactures that offer this luxury?

(Dauphin County)

Cool Re: Opinions on High Point Firearms

Jennings/bryco used to have a lifetime warranty and I happen to have one with a cracked frame. BOOO HOOO. The lifetime warranty is really a great thing if the company is still around to honor it. If the one gun you can afford is a highpoint then bless you. I personally would skimp on the mc dickeys and blockbuster for a month or two and get the glock.

(Lawrence County)

After Jennings went bankrupt, the shop foreman bought all of the machinery and opened his own gun shop. He makes his own firearms, direct reproducations of the old ones, only he "updated them and made them safer to handle". The company is called Jimenez Arms. I've never even heard of them until just a few days ago...

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast