Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: LTCF DENIAL!

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs up Re: LTCF DENIAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    I saw the name and assumed it was because you where familiar with the work of method man

on topic:
    Join us in April for the 2A Rally in Harrisburgh, turning back these awful restrictions on minor crimes should definately be part of our agenda as gun owners and personal freedom activists. Get active with us and we will fight along side you.
    2A? Is this a jpfo event? I like what they do. I will be there. The 21st is a work but ill work it out. Thanks for the notice! I hope we can stop the madness first, then turn back the ridiculous restrictions.

Default Re: LTCF DENIAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    I saw the name and assumed it was because you where familiar with the work of method man

on topic:
    Join us in April for the 2A Rally in Harrisburgh, turning back these awful restrictions on minor crimes should definately be part of our agenda as gun owners and personal freedom activists. Get active with us and we will fight along side you.
    Playing devils advocate. I can see the headline now on philly.com.

"Pa gun owners group want to allow convicted drug user to carry guns on our streets."

Just some food for thought? There are hills to die on, and hills not worth dying on. Another assault weapons ban, worth dying. Outragous "gun" taxes, worth dying. Microstamping ammo, worth dying. If the act 64 laws are relaxed and weed is no longer illegal, then there is something worth fighting for. But, until the drug laws change remember the headline above and think of how you would defend that on tv, in the papers, and on the 6 o'clock news.

The Pa laws on getting a permit makes Pa one of the easiest states to do so. Just think if we had to be fingerprinted, had to go to training, had limits as to what gun we can carry with our permits. There are a lot of states that have it far worst then us. While I feel for the OP, there are consequences to actions that can live on forever, but going up a hill to die for an issue such as allowing those convicted of drug crimes the right to get a LTCF is where I stop marching up the hill. I am must more worried about the gun owners who have not been arrested. And, sorry, but driving 100+mph in a 55 with a roach in your ashtray is just begging for a court date.

I gotta leave this thread now.

(Philadelphia County)

I can already tell this is falling on deaf ears, but I cant sit here and be called a "convicted drug user" when I have never used drugs and to date do not drink. I understand the point and think I made a similar comment, but I cant help to feel exclude from the "club". I guess everyone here has lead a squeaky clean life of a saint. To me this hill is worth dying for, its my hill and I will take it alone if need be.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by tail pipe todd View Post
    Take a look at the requirment to get a FL LTCF. You might have luck with that and Pa honors it.

Just read through the FL stuff. Looks possible but also looks probable for denial.
    Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that if you lived in PA you could only CC with a PA LTCF.
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

(Philadelphia County)

One last thought...

As I'm looking around my room, I noticed my certificates from The White House Communications Agency. While working for a video company a few years back I had government clearance to be in the same room as two US Presidents. Clinton and Bush Jr. BOTH AFTER THIS SILLY CHARGE. How is it I can be trusted to be within 20 feet of a US President and buy firearms for home defense but an LCTF is unattainable?

Whats next? No LCTF for people who were convicted of littering?

I thank all who gave constructive thoughts and possible solutions. I wish you all well in your cause.

"Pa gun owners group want to allow convicted drug user to carry guns on our streets."

But, until the drug laws change remember the headline above and think of how you would defend that on tv, in the papers, and on the 6 o'clock news.
    How about "We support people who have non-violent misdemeanor convictions over 10 years old having their rights fully restored." Works for me.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

And, sorry, but driving 100+mph in a 55 with a roach in your ashtray is just begging for a court date.

I gotta leave this thread now.
    Where did he say he was going 100 miles an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by lexluger View Post
    WOW! Thanks, I guess this is what my lawyer friend did. I dont see sub sections but here is a direct copy with explanations-

Migrated Disposition
    04/26/1999 Final Disposition
    Migrated Dispositional Event

1 / Poss Of Marijuana Guilty Plea
    Migrated, Judge 04/26/1999
    Financial Assessments
    (this must have been WHATEVER turn his little vile of water colors, cause it wasnt pot...it was paper.)

2 / Use/Poss Of Drug Paraph Withdrawn
    (LOL. This must have been the actual paper?)

3 / Driv While Oper Priv Susp Or Revoked Withdrawn
    (I proved in court that my license was never suspended.)

4 / Speeding Guilty Plea Migration§Migration
    Financial Assessments
    (this was I was originally stopped for...doing 110mph in a 55. This fine was ultimately MUCH MORE than the possession. And in my opinion, more dangerous. Hey I said I was a dumb 19 year old.)
    Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Where did he say he was going 100 miles an hour?
    There ya go

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazydog View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that if you lived in PA you could only CC with a PA LTCF.
    You're wrong.

Pa. has reciprocity with 24 other states. That means that a Pa. LTCF is recognized when you are in those states, and licenses from those states are valid here. A few of those states only recognize 'resident licenses', meaning that you must live in the state of the license you hold, in order for it to be recognized. Pa. does not impose that restriction, which means that I could not renew my Pa. license, and continue to carry on my Ut. license if I wished.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post

Pa. has reciprocity with 24 other states.

Pennsylvania Firearm Reciprocity Agreements

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast