Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: LTCF DENIAL!

(Franklin County)

Default Re: LTCF DENIAL!

Quote Originally Posted by tail pipe todd View Post
    Take a look at the requirment to get a FL LTCF. You might have luck with that and Pa honors it.

Just read through the FL stuff. Looks possible but also looks probable for denial.
    First and foremost, I would suggest speaking to an attorney and confirming exactly what the grading of your charges were, and how it affects your rights.

I've seen situations where things 'slip through the cracks' and a legitimately prohibited person both acquires an out-of-state LTC and successfully purchases firearms. Neither of these things necessarily prove you are in the clear.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

another reason never to plead guilty.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Yeah, but ugly girls try harder. Keep fighting the good fight and let us know when you come out on top. The only difference between you, and me is luck. We are both now upstanding citizens who had a less than squeaky clean past. To be honest, life would be pretty lame if young kids followed all the rules and it's a damn shame that petty, harmless decisions made in our youth can haunt us for the rest of our lives and make us second class citizens.

Keep fighting the good fight, even if it means getting a lawyer. I'll send you some money if that's what it takes. We need to reverse this trend.
    Thanks man. I am going to talk to a lawyer and take this as far as I can. I want my rights, I mean, "privileges" back . And here I am feeling bad for people I know who did real felony type time, knowing they can never defend themselves or their family's...even though they are obviously "rehabilitated". Little did I know the criminal was me! Thanks for the kind words.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    First and foremost, I would suggest speaking to an attorney and confirming exactly what the grading of your charges were, and how it affects your rights.

I've seen situations where things 'slip through the cracks' and a legitimately prohibited person both acquires an out-of-state LTC and successfully purchases firearms. Neither of these things necessarily prove you are in the clear.
    I purchased two guns in the last year, two separate gun shops, two separate cities in PA. How many times can something "slip through the cracks"? It seems the state would be liable, since it is not the buyer's check system.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by lexluger View Post
    I purchased two guns in the last year, two separate gun shops, two separate cities in PA. How many times can something "slip through the cracks"? It seems the state would be liable, since it is not the buyer's check system.
    Again, I'm not suggesting that you are prohibited, just sharing a word of advice based on other situations I'm aware of.

Further, if it were an oversight which was finally discovered, they would shift the blame back to you, as if you were indeed prohibited, you would have answered at least one of the questions on the paperwork untruthfully (intentional or not). I assure you that such a circumstance would cost you far more than an attorney's consultation to clarify your current circumstance.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by tail pipe todd View Post
    Have you gone on UJS portal and checked yourself out? What is the section and subsection of the conviction? It is under e-services>public web docket sheets>court of common pleas. Then seach by participant name and county. this is assuming that it occured in PA. If you need help, I am well versed in using the ujsportal.
    WOW! Thanks, I guess this is what my lawyer friend did. I dont see sub sections but here is a direct copy with explanations-

Migrated Disposition
    04/26/1999 Final Disposition
    Migrated Dispositional Event

1 / Poss Of Marijuana Guilty Plea
    Migrated, Judge 04/26/1999
    Financial Assessments
    (this must have been WHATEVER turn his little vile of water colors, cause it wasnt pot...it was paper.)

2 / Use/Poss Of Drug Paraph Withdrawn
    (LOL. This must have been the actual paper?)

3 / Driv While Oper Priv Susp Or Revoked Withdrawn
    (I proved in court that my license was never suspended.)

4 / Speeding Guilty Plea Migration§Migration
    Financial Assessments
    (this was I was originally stopped for...doing 110mph in a 55. This fine was ultimately MUCH MORE than the possession. And in my opinion, more dangerous. Hey I said I was a dumb 19 year old.)

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Again, I'm not suggesting that you are prohibited, just sharing a word of advice based on other situations I'm aware of.

Further, if it were an oversight which was finally discovered, they would shift the blame back to you, as if you were indeed prohibited, you would have answered at least one of the questions on the paperwork untruthfully (intentional or not). I assure you that such a circumstance would cost you far more than an attorney's consultation to clarify your current circumstance.
    That is my main fear. That is why I am trying to resolve this asap. I do not wish to break the law. If its fact that I cannot own firearms, I will sell them. Legally, through an FFL, of course.

I believe it's time for America to rethink it's drug policies and I'm not alone. If you have an open mind please take some time to visit the web site of LEAP.

http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php

I guarantee they will say some things that will open your eyes. You may not agree, but if you do agree you are welcome to join as a citizen.

Law enforcement officials are particularly welcome.

This country spends over 69 BILLION a year on the WOD. $600 per second. $11,349,499,496 so far this year to date. (March 20th)

http://www.drugsense.org/wodclock.htm

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by lexluger View Post
    Johnny Blaze? If I werent so depressed, that would be funny. But Lex Luger denotes a gun owner, which I am, and Johnny Blaze would denote a pothead, which I am not. I still have a sense of humor, just not about my 2nd Amendment rights.
    I saw the name and assumed it was because you where familiar with the work of method man

on topic:
    Join us in April for the 2A Rally in Harrisburgh, turning back these awful restrictions on minor crimes should definately be part of our agenda as gun owners and personal freedom activists. Get active with us and we will fight along side you.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The Philly PD routinely denies anyone who was arrested for anything, with or without a conviction, especially if you neglect to tell them about the arrest. I believe that the question "Have you ever been arrested" appears on the extra application form that they aren't legally allowed to use (since we have a uniform application throughout the Commonwealth, per the UFA).

They've denied a LOT of folks based on false statements about arrests. It's one of the traps they lay for the unwary.

A conviction is even worse, and it sounds like this one would be a bar to PICS, too.
    In bold is why I was denied.
    If I had the money I would have fought it.
    I seriously regret not finding a way to fight.
    Don't make the same mistake.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast