Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: LTCF DENIAL!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: LTCF DENIAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Colombia House.
    Columbia House...man....it is a miracle that they lasted as long as they did. I wonder how many times they never heard from someone again after they got their initial shipment of goods for a penny.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jwhitaker71 View Post
    Really guys, it a juvenile incident was able to get clarity... I spoken with lawyer today, will be starting expungement process. Also found out I was never convicted in PA, juvenile offense is called adjudicated... So when I intially asked for help, I was going by what I was told by the gun permit unit when I picked up my letter. Like I said, I can really respect some of the feedback but the rest is crazy. I truely was seeking out help regarding a subject I have little knowledge about... But instead of taking opportunity and building friendship, some act like major ass... Tell me, what could I possible gain other then some insight regarding me sharing my situation... I wont be asking another question...
    Some of the info was conflicting so people called you on it. Common thing to happen whether on the internet on in real life. There have been trolls on this site many times over the years. Sometimes anti-gun people come here with a story to get us to admit something they believe to be true in their twisted mind. When you did not address the change of conviction/non-conviction some may have felt you fell into one of those categories. It happens, don't take it personal we sometimes just need to vest the new guy.

Good luck in your appeal.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Philadelphia County)

Thank you for you input, I was confused as well. But after some phone calls today I was educated that as a juvenile you are not convicted but adjudicated and that my situation can be expunged and that my denial is because I fell to not mention it. So if someone wants to know, Juvenile cases matter. Lawyer said, just clear it up and we should be good at the appeal.

(Delaware County)

Thank you for you input, I was confused as well. But after some phone calls today I was educated that as a juvenile you are not convicted but adjudicated and that my situation can be expunged and that my denial is because I fell to not mention it. So if someone wants to know, Juvenile cases matter. Lawyer said, just clear it up and we should be good at the appeal.
    I am confused myself right now. Did you just call a lawyer and he gave you free legal advise? That would be unusual. Not unheard of but unusual.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    If it was something to be held against him, I would think it wouldve prevented him from joining the military too
    Not really. The DOD changes the rules regularly depending on recruitment needs. Recruiters are only required to check local police records (applicants home of record) and fed data bases. PA is a good example of how mixed up local records can be. I could have a Harrisburg address but live in one of the townships. Recruiter requests data from Harrisburg which replies back with "no record found" because I've never had an encounter with that department. If I've lived in multiple states it gets even more difficult. If I don't want the recruiter to know I have a warrant in Florida I just simply forget to mention I lived there at one time. We all know the Air Force got away without reporting criminal activity to the feds so don't even ask how local departments wouldn't fail to do this.

Really guys, it a juvenile incident was able to get clarity... I spoken with lawyer today, will be starting expungement process. Also found out I was never convicted in PA, juvenile offense is called adjudicated... So when I intially asked for help, I was going by what I was told by the gun permit unit when I picked up my letter. Like I said, I can really respect some of the feedback but the rest is crazy. I truely was seeking out help regarding a subject I have little knowledge about... But instead of taking opportunity and building friendship, some act like major ass... Tell me, what could I possible gain other then some insight regarding me sharing my situation... I wont be asking another question...
    OK... so you didn't get convicted, you got adjudicated. In lawyer terms that's a conviction of a juvenile.

adjudicate.JPG

I'm thinking the first definition, "make a formal judgement....." clears up any confusion.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    That would be unusual. Not unheard of but unusual.
    Wouldn't be the only unusual thing that goes on....apparently.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    When I last went to renew my LTCF I was denied. Took me near 6 months just to find out what the denial was for. Problem was an arrest I had 27 yrs ago for fighting. Apparently the original charges showed in the system but they didnt have access to the court results which were so old there put away in storage somewhere. The application department requests the court records and if they dont get them in XX amount of days they automatically deny. Every time I appealed the same round circle problem would re-occur. I finally just started calling daily until I bugged them enough to actually fix the problem
    Well that doesn't sound legal. Is the issue resolved? And did you get a lawyer yet if not?
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    I'm thinking the first definition, "make a formal judgement....." clears up any confusion.
    On point I think:
    1.Is a juvenile adjudication of delinquency a criminal conviction?
    No. Under Pennsylvania law, a delinquency adjudication is not a criminal
    conviction. 42 Pa. C.S. § 6354(a). However, for many practical purposes, delinquency adjudications are treated like criminal convictions.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Jwv2oB5Ty0pSa_

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    On point I think:
    1.Is a juvenile adjudication of delinquency a criminal conviction?
    No. Under Pennsylvania law, a delinquency adjudication is not a criminal
    conviction. 42 Pa. C.S. § 6354(a). However, for many practical purposes, delinquency adjudications are treated like criminal convictions.
    From the back of the LTCF application:
    back of form.jpg

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    All depends on the current situation..
    Steady military end strength and not much going on.. yes hard to get in, hard to stay in
    Declining end strength and or stuff blowing up all around the globe? If you walk and don't have a violent felony, they can probably get you into a uniform
    They can get you into a uniform, but they can't get you a background check. You would have to get some type of clearance to be an MP.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast