Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: LTCF DENIAL!

(Philadelphia County)

Talking Re: LTCF DENIAL! (UPDATE)

Well,
    After a long time researching and talking to lawyers, $2000.00 down the drain, I decided to jump through the loophole and get my FLA Permit.

I received it last week and I am very relieved. It is valid for 7 years now and accepted in more states than PA.

Now, this FLA situation is in the news here in Philly... allot! I am hoping that cooler heads prevail in PA when it comes to messing around with reciprocity.

That being said I would like to thank everyone on this forum who gave a sympathetic ear and solution based responses.

For those who did not; I would like you to pause for a minute and really think about who's side you are on. I heard allot of "what would the anti's say" and "well, the law is the law" crap.

To me, you are no help at all in the fight to keep our 2nd Amendment Rights! No matter how many posts you have, what badges you have been given, you only help to bury the rest of us! And for the wanna-be, arm-chair "LEO's" and others who like to talk in acronyms and pretend they were in "the unit", please stop. Even LEO's think you wanna be's are a joke!

It seems that allot of you consider yourselves to be in an elite group of "people who are not PROHIBITED", when in fact our country was built on the opposite position; These rights shall not be infringed. Period.

If you like that feeling of being "elite", go to another country where it is the norm that only law enforcement and military bear arms. This is not THAT country.

God bless America, our Constitution, Bill of Rights and all those who truly DEFEND them.

To those of you who don't, you can kiss my pale American ass!

And with that, I bid you all a fond farewell. I have found other places and resources that are truly NO COMPROMISE when it comes to our 2nd Amendment.

Good luck guys!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: LTCF DENIAL!

Quote Originally Posted by lexluger View Post
    Well,
    After a long time researching and talking to lawyers, $2000.00 down the drain, I decided to jump through the loophole and get my FLA Permit.

I received it last week and I am very relieved. It is valid for 7 years now and accepted in more states than PA.

Now, this FLA situation is in the news here in Philly... allot! I am hoping that cooler heads prevail in PA when it comes to messing around with reciprocity.

That being said I would like to thank everyone on this forum who gave a sympathetic ear and solution based responses.

For those who did not; I would like you to pause for a minute and really think about who's side you are on. I heard allot of "what would the anti's say" and "well, the law is the law" crap.

To me, you are no help at all in the fight to keep our 2nd Amendment Rights! No matter how many posts you have, what badges you have been given, you only help to bury the rest of us! And for the wanna-be, arm-chair "LEO's" and others who like to talk in acronyms and pretend they were in "the unit", please stop. Even LEO's think you wanna be's are a joke!

It seems that allot of you consider yourselves to be in an elite group of "people who are not PROHIBITED", when in fact our country was built on the opposite position; These rights shall not be infringed. Period.

If you like that feeling of being "elite", go to another country where it is the norm that only law enforcement and military bear arms. This is not THAT country.

God bless America, our Constitution, Bill of Rights and all those who truly DEFEND them.

To those of you who don't, you can kiss my pale American ass!

And with that, I bid you all a fond farewell. I have found other places and resources that are truly NO COMPROMISE when it comes to our 2nd Amendment.
    Good luck guys!
    Well I hope you are doing more than just hoping HB 2536 doesn't pass.

By writting letters and email to the Reps to oppose HB 2536.
    To me, you are no help at all in the fight to keep our 2nd Amendment Rights!
    Because IF HB 2536 does pass into LAW your FLA LCTF permit "loop hole" (as you call it) won't be honored in PA 60 days after the governor signs the bill, so you will be out of luck again with having a valid LTCF good in PA.

You got something to lose IF this passes, better do your EXTRA part to help stop HB 2536 other than just "hoping cooler heads prevail" by taking direct action.

ALERT-PA residents w/ Out of state LTCF permit HB 2536 June 23,10 vote

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...3-10-vote.html

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    Well I hope you are doing more than just hoping HB 2536 doesn't pass.

By writting letters and email to the Reps to oppose HB 2536.

Because IF HB 2536 does pass into LAW your FLA LCTF permit "loop hole" (as you call it) won't be honored in PA 60 days after the governor signs the bill, so you will be out of luck again with having a valid LTCF good in PA.

You got something to lose IF this passes, better do your EXTRA part to help stop HB 2536 other than just "hoping cooler heads prevail" by taking direct action.

ALERT-PA residents w/ Out of state LTCF permit HB 2536 June 23,10 vote

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...3-10-vote.html
    I have even contacted reps not anywhere near me. I have been very very very active, just not here.

(Allegheny County)

I have even contacted reps not anywhere near me. I have been very very very active, just not here.
    EXCELLENT, a lesson for everyone to follow

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    EXCELLENT, a lesson for everyone to follow
    BTW, from what I cant tell from the people in Gubment I have spoken to about this, it is not too popular. And if this ever comes to pass, I will be moving.

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    This story get me so fucking angry. A guy gets caught with a burnt piece of paper when he's 19 and is boned for life. Incredible.

I love it when people say "weed is illegal, so tough shit. You shouldn't speak to or associate with anyone you suspect may use weed" when you're 19 freaking years old.

What pisses me off the most is how these cops pressure the hell out of these kids to consent to search so they can get a "bust" out of a bit of weed, a roach, or some paraphernalia and are making a massive group of people prohibited for life.

We really, really need to do something about this. I know at the moment we're fighting hard to keep the rights we still have, but we need to go on the offensive and win back rights that were lost over possession of a small amount of marijuana/paraphernalia etc.
    Totaly agree.

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

Default Re: LTCF DENIAL! (UPDATE)

Well,

On your first point, have your efforts at expunging your record failed, or still in process? If you don't mind, please provide a summary of what's happened and how it's cost you $2000, and if you might still succeed. I hope you do.

And on your second point, you indeed have my sympathy. Marijuana use and possession should be legal. Recognizing that what I think has no bearing on the law, simple possession should not prevent someone from exercizing their 2nd amendment rights. Philly is going way overboard denying you a LTCF, when your conviction clearly doesn't disqualify you from buying and owning firearms.

Aren't you still a "prohibited person" in PA even if you are able to obtain a reciprocal permit from another state?

(Franklin County)

I'm pretty sure the PA standards for ownership/possession are the same as the federal standard (which he hasn't triggered).

If I understand his situation correctly, he does not 'qualify' to be issued a LTCF by PA, but can purchase/possess without issue.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

Yes (as it has been stated). The reason for my reply is I almost got screwed by that law (cosmetic act). I was in an accident and messed my neck up, blew a disc out which compressed the spinal cord, after surgery I have constant pain. I see a Pain mgmt doctor and I am prescribed a narcotic pain med. Long story short, I went to my parents for the weekend, took enough pills out of my script bottle (90 is a lot to carry) for the weekend, and I put them in a key chain pill case I used. I was pulled over and the cop asked what was in the case, so I told him. Bang, possession of narcotics charge. I took the script bottle to the police station the next day and was told it does not matter if I have a script or not, out of original case equals possession. The DA did drop the charges eventually after a letter from my doctor, but close call in my eyes.

I used to respect police; however, after this incedent I will not help one in anyway shape or form.

Good for ya with the FL, With the FL class you can also pick up Utah!!

I applied for a LCTF in Philadelphia on Monday. I received a letter today (Friday) stating I was denied. No explanation, just an appeal letter to fill out. Called the Gun Permits office and the automated recording told me that they do not give out info on the phone, I would have o go to the office to inquire. I really racked my brain trying to think of why I was denied... couldn't think of anything. I asked a lawyer friend of mine to run my criminal record and what came up was a misdemeanor possession of pot from 1999. I totally forgot that once I was pulled over for speeding, the cops found a burnt piece of paper in my ash tray, tested it and it came back positive. I had no idea it was in my ash tray or else I would have not consented to the search. In the end I think it was my ex-girlfriend's. I paid a $200 fine and went on my way. COULD A MISDEMEANOR DRUG CONVICTION FROM A DECADE AGO BE CAUSE FOR DENIAL? Could I get in trouble for forgetting this? Could I get this off my record? I haven't even had a parking ticket in 10 years!
    Last edited by Fraggle09027; June 23rd, 2010 at 09:44 PM.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast