Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: LTCF DENIAL!

Default Re: LTCF DENIAL!

Quote Originally Posted by lexluger View Post
    Thanks for your two cents. Both are appreciated. I did talk to one of the better criminal defense attorneys here in Philly today and he told me my guns and the purchases were completely inside the law. The LTCF and the purchase laws and questions are completely different. Also, PA will not give me an LTCF unless I get a pardon. Period. He has done many pardons, probably for extreme crimes and says it can be done. That said I will still be contacting Mr. Gottlieb since he is probably better versed in gun law and is an advocate for gun owners. Many, many thanks.
    I hope everything works out for !!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson - Commonplace Book 1774-1776

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    Bold is mine “convicts sitting in jail (yep, still citizens)” are addressed in the US and PA Constitution’s to be debarred from “Rights” until they are either exonerated or have paid their debt to Society (punishment / fine) and then their “Rights” are to be restored without exception.
    Well, here's the PA Constititution.
    http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Constitution.html

A quick reading doesn't produce the text you describe, but it does say this:
    Section 26. Neither the Commonwealth nor any political subdivision thereof shall deny to any person the enjoyment of any civil right, nor discriminate against any person in the exercise of any civil right.

As far as “children” they are under the jurisdiction of the parents until either emancipated or reach their 18 birthday. (Common Law)
    OK, so your mom can question your right to own a handgun. Where does it say the government can?

And you speak of the insane. Are the truly insane even capable of understanding the concept of liberty or exercising their “Rights”?
    That's not the question (seriously, it's not even in the same ballpark.) The question is, where does the government get the right to "question" the right of a potentially dangerous loony walking down the street with a firearm?

My argument is that there really are "common sense" restrictions on guns. Not the insanity put out by the Brady pussies and that egomaniacal glory hound Schumer, but common sense stuff that a room full of Fudds and machinegunners and hunters and Mall Ninjas could all agree on. Loonies shouldn't have guns, because they can't be trusted to understand the consequences of their actions. Same for children. And nobody should be allowed to shoot guns randomly into the air in urban areas. And guns shouldn't use explosive rounds, or nerve gas rounds. And hunters shouldn't shoot unless they can positively identify the target, because we don't have an "anything sorta brown" season.

Some uses and some people can be restricted without violating the original intent of the Constititution.

(Lebanon County)

You know, I was going to ask about the batteries too. I um....use a lot of them lately. (for the kids' toys of course!!) Anyway, the only thing mandated that I could find for pa was in relation to car batteries...

(Northampton County)

hmm, just to jump in here with my .02. I got busted for pot back in college around '99 in NYC. When I moved to PA I was able to purchase firearms without a problem and also got my LTCF without a hitch. Maybe it's because the arrest was in a different state?

In another related story, a buddy of mine got busted for pot paraphenalia about a year ago in NJ. He lives in PA. At the time he also had a PFA thanks to his ex-wife (long story) which required him to surrender his firearms to the local sheriff (which he did). He also had a LTCF which I assume he also surrendered.

Fast forward about 10 months and he now has his divorce finalized and the PFA dropped. After the PFA was dropped he went down to the sheriff to get his guns back and they denied him because of the NJ arrest, but also said that he could come pick the guns up when it had been a year since the arrest.

This doesn't sound right to me... comments?
    Let them take arms

(Philadelphia County)

Just a quick update. I have spoken with Mr. Gottlieb and I am now breathing a sigh of relief. He informed me that A.) My guns and their purchases are indeed legal. B.) My charge shouldn't have flagged me on the LTCF PICS if it did not flag me in during the BATF PICS purchases. C.) Philadelphia did not actually give me a reason for denial, so it could just be appealed simply.

He did forward me to a Philadelphia Country Gun Lawyer since its is in Philly... I don't blame him seeing first hand how gun owners are treated here (thinking of moving myself!). I am meeting with the other lawyer this week. He doesn't seem to be too worried about this case and Mr. Gottlieb had a very high opinion of him.

A pardon will cost over $2000.00 and take anywhere from 2-3 years... and I will be doing this also, regardless of whether or not I am given the LTCF.

As for the Florida license, I am not willing to try to "go around" the system or give them any more ammunition (pardon the pun) to take any more rights away from me or jeopardize my ability to protect my wife and family. If all else fails and I am told by counsel it is within the law, I will cross that bridge.

Thanks again for all the helpful information. I am glad you are ALL here, fighting, fact checking, researching and debating. Please don't ever stop!

In the words of my favorite pot smoking, gun grabbing Nazi Youth , "I'll be back."

(Lancaster County)

Great!! I hope it all works out for you!

And you speak of the insane. Are the truly insane even capable of understanding the concept of liberty or exercising their “Rights”?
    My dad always said "Everyone's crazy but you and me, and sometimes I wonder about you."

I say,

If we can forgive The President's association with known terrorists (like Ayers),

If we can forgive The Presidents association with known terrorist groups (like ACORN and the Unions)

If we can forgive The President lying through his teeth in sworn testimony (I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinski)

If we can forgive The President's past drug-related activities

I think we should probably let this one slide.

Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    I say,

If we can forgive The President's association with known terrorists (like Ayers),

If we can forgive The Presidents association with known terrorist groups (like ACORN and the Unions)

If we can forgive The President lying through his teeth in sworn testimony (I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinski)

If we can forgive The President's past drug-related activities

I think we should probably let this one slide.
    Who Forgave??...Not me!

Lex, Good Luck, I was going to ask if you ever actually found out what you were denied for, Since Philly gave you no explanation, It could have been a bad day for someone running the check on you and the screw up may be on them, I'm not a Lawyer nor would I ever be, But hopefully things will work out in your favor. Be sure to bring up your Security Clearances, They don't give those out to just anybody, I would consider that an Ace up your sleeve.

Good Luck Bro,
    TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TJB63 View Post
    Who Forgave??...Not me!

Lex, Good Luck, I was going to ask if you ever actually found out what you were denied for, Since Philly gave you no explanation, It could have been a bad day for someone running the check on you and the screw up may be on them, I'm not a Lawyer nor would I ever be, But hopefully things will work out in your favor. Be sure to bring up your Security Clearances, They don't give those out to just anybody, I would consider that an Ace up your sleeve.

Good Luck Bro,
    TJB
    Thanks my friend! We will be looking into all avenues, believe me. Especiall the CIA/FBI clearance I once had.

We also found yesterday that there is a man in Pittsburgh, same name, same year of birth etc. But he has five cases against him, two are still open right now. He was guilty of the other three which included DUI & Aggravated Assault. I am starting to think this might have been the reason for denial! At first glance, even I was surprised... it looks like the same person until you look into each docket.

Since this is Philly, I can totally see some half asleep, lazy, do-nothing type just glancing at the page and making a snap decision.

Again, many thanks brother. I am on this like white on rice and I can be extremely tenacious when it comes to my freedom.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast