Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mercer County)

Default It's Official: Obama's DVD "Gift" are for the Wrong Region

Way to go, Barry!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-in-No-10.html

Alas, when the PM settled down to begin watching them the other night, he found there was a problem.

The films only worked in DVD players made in North America and the words "wrong region" came up on his screen.

Great job! But the slight doesn't end there...

A White House spokesman s******ed when I put the story to him and he was still looking into the matter when my deadline came last night.

And in case you were wondering if Brits were paying attention...

By the way, when Obama's unlikely gift was disclosed, a reader emailed me to ask if Clueless was among the films. Funnily enough, it was not.

Brown, on the other hand, presented a rather more thoughtful gift to the American President in the form of a penholder carved from the timbers of an anti-slavery ship. The sister ship, in fact, of the one that was broken up and turned into the desk in the Oval Office.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: It's Official: Obama's DVD "Gift" are for the Wrong Region

One really need to wonder about stuff like this and Clinton's gift to Russia with the wrong translation. May seem trivial and I guess it is but it also does project the notion of amateurs at work - which is dangerous.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    One really need to wonder about stuff like this and Clinton's gift to Russia with the wrong translation. May seem trivial and I guess it is but it also does project the notion of amateurs at work - which is dangerous.
    Agreed, this is a massive snafu.

They're the friggin presidents...don't they have advisors for this sort of crap???

When my wife and I were sending out our wedding invitations, we looked at no less than 3 etiquette books to make sure we addressed things properly to make sure that nobody was offended. And these were FAMILY members who wouldn't have cared if they got an invitation because they would have come ANYWAY!

It IS trivial, but whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

By the way, when Obama's unlikely gift was disclosed, a reader emailed me to ask if Clueless was among the films. Funnily enough, it was not.

Brown, on the other hand, presented a rather more thoughtful gift to the American President in the form of a penholder carved from the timbers of an anti-slavery ship. The sister ship, in fact, of the one that was broken up and turned into the desk in the Oval Office.
    I believe that would be the resolute desk.
    Last edited by Kaos; March 20th, 2009 at 10:20 AM.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    I believe that would be the resolute desk, which should also if history/memory serves me properly have an identical twin (minus the door on the front) in the Buckingham palace.
    LMFAO!!!

Shame those movies weren't in the pile...even though they wouldn't get watched ANYWAY

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Would you have expected that he would have gotten it right? King Hussein has not done anything right thus far. It's such a good thing that he went on that foreign policy trip a year ago. The Germans liked him so much, maybe they can keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    LMFAO!!!

Shame those movies weren't in the pile...even though they wouldn't get watched ANYWAY

camper
    Yeah - I can't remember if the "twin" part was the actual history or if there really is one in GB though. Quality movies nonetheless - much better treasure hunting than the latest indiana jones offering.

Can't wait for the third one!

Quote Originally Posted by tail pipe todd View Post
    Would you have expected that he would have gotten it right? King Hussein has not done anything right thus far. It's such a good thing that he went on that foreign policy trip a year ago. The Germans liked him so much, maybe they can keep him.
    lol, you mean the concert that was advertised with free/cheap beer that he happened to be speaking at and they filmed it so it looked like tons of foreigners came to see only him?