Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Anyone know of a foundry in PA??

I'm looking to have some parts made, custom, small lot (30-40 parts total).

cast iron (nodular?) would be OK, prefer steel... but there are very few options that I can find.

I know of cattail foundry (Amish business) and I think they would not do a 'commercial' run.. they cater to old tractor enthusiasts... and they only have cast iron as poured.

Anyone do business with, know of or is willing to deal with a guy that has patterns in hand ready to go? Its a small job (less than 100lbs of steel for all the parts) but I am willing to pay to get it done.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Anyone know of a foundry in PA??

It's been a few years now but I use to use Kulps Foundry in East Stroudsburg. I had them make everything from weights (for lifting) to dummy handgrenade bodies. I supplied the patterns and they charged me by the pound for steel and a slight surcharge to make the sand molds. I haven't used them in about 6 years now but they are still there and pouring so I'd try them.

Rich W.

(Monroe County)

http://www.effortfoundry.com/

If they can`t help they may be able to steer you to the right place.

(Schuylkill County)

Hamburg manufacturing in you guessed it Hamburg they do sand cast pouring, might be able to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Warners Surplus View Post
    It's been a few years now but I use to use Kulps Foundry in East Stroudsburg. I had them make everything from weights (for lifting) to dummy handgrenade bodies. I supplied the patterns and they charged me by the pound for steel and a slight surcharge to make the sand molds. I haven't used them in about 6 years now but they are still there and pouring so I'd try them.

Rich W.
    Well trust me they have lost their minds now! I was there last fall about getting a new banking plate for my coal stove made. They wanted $4k for the molds alone!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Well trust me they have lost their minds now! I was there last fall about getting a new banking plate for my coal stove made. They wanted $4k for the molds alone!
    HOLY S**T!! 4K for sand molds is nuts! I looked this morning and the last thing they did for me was to duplicate 50lb plates for my bench and they charged me .25 cents per pound PLUS $50. for the molds. Mind you that was nothing more than a disc of steel with a hole in the middle but I was impressed that they even ground the casting flash off before I picked them up. They never ground the flash off the dummy grenade bodies but because of the shape they said it would have greatly increased cost so I didn't care.

Rich W.